When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn new world

-

Casual dreamer

Finally riding a big boys bike
My friend and fellow CABER gave me a tip on this I'm guessing 1943 Schwinn new world, so I made the 2.5 hour drive in my '66 Cadillac and I'm glad I did! It has lots of blackout parts and still has the original Lobdel victory saddle and 1944 bicycle license. I'm not sure why it has white fenders, maybe someone ordered it that way? It needs a little work but even with a wobbly back wheel it rides pretty nice! I really like this bike!

The white fenders and white rims are more uncommon but do exist out there. As said before you could order these any way you wanted. I think it gives it a real nice look. Nice!

I love the Victory saddle, rack, and blackout parts! @Casual dreamer please take a pic of the serial number under the bottom bracket when you get a chance and I will add it to the War Time New World List. Glad to see the OG paint and decals too. It's going to clean up well. This bike is definitely a good rider and a cool piece of history. True the wheels and throw some new Kenda K23 tires on it. Nice score!

@HUFFMANBILL found this ad for these war model VW1M New Worlds:
1942 Schwinn New World Maroon Fac. Options 1.JPG
1942 Schwinn New World Maroon Fac. Options 2.JPG

Schwinn did NOT only make cycle trucks during the war!

Back