When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn new world

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good detective work on the plate, I bought the bike in San Jose, my buddy was thinking the SM might be San Mateo, I was thinking it was Santa Monica since it looks a lot like the Long Beach plate that is on my DX. I just trued the front wheel, what a difference! Now I need to work on the back wheel which is worse but I think it will come out ok. I can't wait to see how it rides when it's all tuned up!

Awesome find Casual Dreamer! Rennfaron-we need a new map showing Fresno to San Mateo/San Jose 2.5 hours! Sounds like bike has been in bay area all its life-hence the S.M.B.L.=San Mateo Bicycle License(makes the most sense). Lots of schools in that area-ideal bike riding. Bike probably brought in by the Bean Son Company in San Francisco-they distributed Schwinn bikes for years in northern California.

Last edited:
Here you go :p
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 4.32.50 PM.png

That "V" Victory seat is cool. I'll bet that's a limited edition, hard to find item! Nice bike. I'd love to hear the history if this one could talk.

Oh yeah, and I vote for San Mateo too.;)

Back