When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Interesting, I could’ve swore that I’ve seen some 1949 New Worlds that had electro forged chain stays. Maybe they were later 49 models.
I'll do ya one better.

Unfortunately the original owner had the brakes, grips, and seat updated in the 60s, then the daughter inherited the bike and tried to clean the fenders, handlebars, and decals with a friggin brillo pad. Sssooo, I parted it out.

Something else to note, the Blue Girls World had partial blackout Sturmey hardware still on it. Black axle nuts and black idler clamp...but a chrome cable housing clamp.

Am I seeing the same thing on this maroon bike?

I'll do ya one better. View attachment 1762050

View attachment 1762051

View attachment 1762052

View attachment 1762053
Unfortunately the original owner had the brakes, grips, and seat updated in the 60s, then the daughter inherited the bike and tried to clean the fenders, handlebars, and decals with a friggin brillo pad. Sssooo, I parted it out.
Did you happen to look inside the shell to see if it was one made with the stamped-out nubs for EF the chain stays? Not sure if they would use the shell with the nubs and then hand weld the stays to them.

Did you happen to look inside the shell to see if it was one made with the stamped-out nubs for EF the chain stays? Not sure if they would use the shell with the nubs and then hand weld the stays to them.
I don't think I took a picture of that, this is the closest I had. I think it was smooth, but I can dig the frame back out tomorrow and send you pictures, or post them up in the new world forum.

I don't think I took a picture of that, this is the closest I had. I think it was smooth, but I can dig the frame back out tomorrow and send you pictures, or post them up in the new world forum.View attachment 1762084

I blew up that picture and from what I can see they must have welded the stays on over the nubs! Otherwise a whole different shell would have been used just for these lightweights.

Back