When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Westfield Build with J 11 BB Stamp

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The thought keeps crossing my mind of swapping in the bars and chainring from my ladies wartime bike. Easy enough to do or undo as I decide. Any thoughts appreciated.

The thought keeps crossing my mind of swapping in the bars and chainring from my ladies wartime bike. Easy enough to do or undo as I decide. Any thoughts appreciated.
View attachment 1623144
I wouldn't. But that's just me. I mean, they're all original blackout parts. Maybe I just like the name, "blackout".
It sounds cool. She just needs a seat and a little love. Any idea on what kind of grips those are?

Hi @3-speeder

Sorry for the late reply, I was travelling yesterday.

Thanks again Adrian. Do you have a spreadsheet posted that includes these lightweight wartime bikes?

I put this one up on the site about 5 years ago, so, whilst the information is accurate, I have a lot more now. I need to sit down and produce an up to date list for publication here in recognition of the help I get from the site compiling it.

1652181481109.png

1652181437420.png

1652181509276.png

You'll see the list doesn't even include your ladies bike G53878, which is a really early blackout bicycle. We never worked out the significance of the second number, and I've not seen another, so I would hesitate to strip it. Blackout chainrings and bars are not too difficult to get. Try @Krakatoa in the first instance.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I wouldn't. But that's just me. I mean, they're all original blackout parts. Maybe I just like the name, "blackout".
It sounds cool. She just needs a seat and a little love. Any idea on what kind of grips those are?
The ladies model wears Hunt Wilde grips. You can make them out pretty good in the linked thread.

What type of saddle was on this bike? Does the one from the earlier photos look correct?

Thanks for any info.

That’s for the guy ( jimmy) that likes to squeeze between 2 cars. A spare comes in handy

Back