When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was there a 26" middleweight Girls 3 Speed Bike offered in 1970

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

I put together this 80 with a 3 speed nexus coaster brake hub from a 2000s schwinn cruiser 3 bike. Found the cruiser 3 on CL for $50. Only had to order the 23 tooth cog so I could run the original chainwheel instead of the funny little one that are originaly found on the cruiser 3. Now with the 23t cog, the third gear is the same as the single speed cruiser gear. This bike still cruises like a cruiser should and will climb hills easy.

Last edited:
Yeah and its a easy solution only difference is gonna be the fender hanger and who cares about that. Is there a springer fork brake adapter similar to this one? Just curious.

If it is a Schwinn spring fork, the adapters without the extension from the Krate spring forks will work.

As far as a coaster brake 3 speed, i dont know if thats a good idea for my lil girl. I dont know about other brands of 3 speed coaster brake hubs but I have a shimano 3cc hub on my trike and I hate the if your not engaged properly in a gear you have no brakes

I've picked up a few Breezes that had SA three speed coaster hubs. You can usually find Breezes with them for $20 - $25. Don't know if the SA's are any better, they are just parts bikes for me. I'm really not a fan of cables myself. There are also old school and new aftermarket front drum brakes if that looks cleaner for you.

I've picked up a few Breezes that had SA three speed coaster hubs. You can usually find Breezes with them for $20 - $25. Don't know if the SA's are any better, they are just parts bikes for me. I'm really not a fan of cables myself. There are also old school and new aftermarket front drum brakes if that looks cleaner for you.
The only 3 speed coaster hub I've used has been the Shimano 3cc hub that came on the Town and Country Trikes. I like the idea having 3 speeds and a coaster brake. The only downside is when shifting if the cable is not properly adjusted it will not completely shift you into the next speed. You will be stuck in between two gears and untill you fully shift into a gear you coaster brake will be useless. You'll be pedaling backwords but coaster brake won't engage

I'd be lucky to find a breeze in So Cal it's funny. Bikes that most of us wouldnt pay $50 bucks for, people will post for stupid prices. For example the Schwinn Town & Country which aren't to popular among collectors which in my opinion are somewhere between 100-200 bucks people in So Cal will list em for $500 bucks. I see late 1970s Stingray's listed for $400-$500

To everyone that replied, “Thanks” you guys. You have all been very helpful. Since there were no 1970 middle weight 3 speed for girls. I decided to do the next best thing which is add a 3 speed hub and an adapter for rear caliper brakes. So far I got an all correct 1970 Schwinn Hollywood Coaster brake with an added Schwinn springer ( even though not pictured. i have the s7 wheels but waiting for tires). For the time being, I am looking for the rear brake adapter, Sturmey archer hub with shifter, and caliper brake with lever.

image.jpg

image.jpg

To everyone that replied, “Thanks” you guys. You have all been very helpful. Since there were no 1970 middle weight 3 speed for girls. I decided to do the next best thing which is add a 3 speed hub and an adapter for rear caliper brakes. So far I got an all correct 1970 Schwinn Hollywood Coaster brake with an added Schwinn springer ( even though not pictured. i have the s7 wheels but waiting for tires). For the time being, I am looking for the rear brake adapter, Sturmey archer hub with shifter, and caliper brake with lever.

I may have a rear brake and lever for you? Let me look through my box later today or tomorrow and I will get back to you.

Back