When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was there EVER a "Fireball" paint pattern B6????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was hoping the swamp would not be dredged to bring that back up; but, please read that entire posting from the top, and you will see he retracted his offer in a "huff" because I politely chose not to buy it. It was at that point that things got testy.
You have 8 years seniority in this club, & I have only a few days. I respect that. I chose to "chill" on your word. Please show me some courtesy as well.
The quality of the paint I got was really high up there in my opinion, tho incorrect, & I'll keep it, after careful consideration.

another old saying,in your favor."if you're noticing all the little things,you're too close to my bike".this stemmed from a motorcycle show episode many years ago.with the advent of powdercoating,the purists were on a rant.one such purist accused a participant of powdercoating an old knucklehead frame because he said it looked too shiny.said purist waited until he thought noone was looking and decided he needed to scrape a small area on the frame to verify.it nearly got him beat to death.and the frame was painted.
my opinion is if it makes you happy,go with it.it's entirely possible that it could've been done by the factory.as said above,8 out of 10 probably would never know.sure would be nice to see pics of this beauty.

I respectfully disagree with the notion that "it's entirely possible that it could've been done by the factory". I have never seen an early B6 with that paint scheme and find it highly unlikely that it was done. These bikes were painted at the factory with a metal mask and I'm not sure the mask for a straight bar would have worked on a canti frame. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here and don't bin myself as a "purist" but when someone uses the term 'restore' then that means to bring back to original. I would agree that 98% of the general population would never know the difference but a large percentage of bike collectors will look at this as either a refurbished or custom bike. The bottom line is that it is your bike and as long as you are happy with it and enjoy it then the rest doesn't matter. V/r Shawn

Sounds good Shawn, & I do agree; it could possibly even be compared (almost) to putting Chevy side trim onto a Ford. Thank you for this email; I do plan to post photos once it gets some more pieces plated, & assembled. This bike is becoming "notorious"! Folks may actually want to see it!
The common thread that binds us all here, is that we love this hobby. That will always be the real focus. Thanks, John

Hi Beeler, I'm waiting for the springfork narrow truss rods to arrive, get them chromed, & then I'll start the build up; could take a while but after 25 years of the (mostly redone) pieces stored in bubble wrap, I'm excited to get started soon. NOS seat (B1), NOS forebrake unit (saved/kept the box), tailite, rear axle, S2 rims, NOS fender braces, horn unit, headlight unit. all NOS from the 1950's or thereabouts, & I'm already $6,000 into it since 1993 but still, have somewhat more to go...

I was hoping the swamp would not be dredged to bring that back up; but, please read that entire posting from the top, and you will see he retracted his offer in a "huff" because I politely chose not to buy it. It was at that point that things got testy.
You have 8 years seniority in this club, & I have only a few days. I respect that. I chose to "chill" on your word. Please show me some courtesy as well.
The quality of the paint I got was really high up there in my opinion, tho incorrect, & I'll keep it, after careful consideration.

What did I miss here? Was there some snarky talk somewhere? I didn't see any in this post.

Mike

Back