When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wasp Wednesday

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Thought I’d try something new, here’s a 59 Wasp. Let’s see some Wasp’s!

Nah ahhh. That's a 1954 D-12 Wasp with a possible late 53 stamped serial. The D-12 was named the Meteor for 1953. The first year for the Wasp was 1954 and the only year with painted S-2's. ;)
I see. Here's the serial number. C65391.

Reactions: JLF
I see. Here's the serial number. C65391.

Oh my, one of the dreaded C serials of the 50's used 100 times over. :tonguewink: C65391 was stamped on November 12, 1953, among other dates, but this year it falls right into place with the normal model year change over with these serial numbers being used on drop outs that were used to build frames for the next year's models. Sweet example barnyguey.

Oh my, one of the dreaded C serials of the 50's used 100 times over. :tonguewink: C65391 was stamped on November 12, 1953, among other dates, but this year it falls right into place with the normal model year change over with these serial numbers being used on drop outs that were used to build frames for the next year's models. Sweet example barnyguey.
Thank you very much. I love it.

It sounds like it may be one of the first Wasps to roll off the production line?

My Dads '54 Original Paint.
I had the White Walls taken off when it arrived for Fathers Day two years ago now and replaced them with the Original Schwinn Typhoon Cords.
The pedals I had swapped with period correct but not correct Torrington 10s yet.

This is the bike my Dad had as a kid so the gift seemed appropriate.

First year for Metallic Green.

Erin

Back