When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wastyn late 20’s early 30’s

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cool bike with good components. My best educated guess would be Wastyn frame with replaced fork. Not uncommon, at all. These bikes took a big beating!

Cool bike with good components. My best educated guess would be Wastyn frame with replaced fork. Not uncommon, at all. These bikes took a big beating!

Here is a bike sold to me as a Wastyn and I believe it is. Looks like it may have the same fork? Supposedly the bike belonged to Cecil Yates who I believe was a factory Paramount racer. I have no idea if that is true but the hubs do have a CY carved into them that looks to have been done long ago. Hubs are original I believe but laced to newer rims and brake added so it could be used for exercise.

Last edited:
View attachment 1521107

View attachment 1521108

View attachment 1521109

Here is a bike sold to me as a Wastyn and I believe it is. Looks like it may have the same fork? Supposedly the bike belonged to Cecil Yates who I believe was a factory Paramount racer. I have no idea if that is true but the hubs do have a CY carved into them that looks to have been done long ago. Hubs are original I believe but laced to newer rims and brake added so it could be used for exercise.
Most frame builders of this era stick to a pattern, Pop Brennan, Willy Appelhans, Lance Claudel, Joe Kopsky, Louis Goossens, and other six day builders designs were fairly consistent, not so much with the Wastyns. First you have to decide which Wastyn and then check out the myriad of designs they had. A good starting point is Classic Cycles website, the museum page of pre 1940 bikes has several Wastyn bikes and all are different. There is a chrome Wastyn on the page that looks just like a Goossens, not surprising as he was an apprentice there before opening his own shop. I just wonder if Louis Goossens built that particular bike.

As a side note, look at all the Pop Brennan bikes on that page, the frames are nearly identical.

Last edited:
View attachment 1521107

View attachment 1521108

View attachment 1521109

Just wanted to say this bike has a real Lance Claudel vibe to it, take a look at this bike on the Classic Cycles website and see what you think. Love the color of your bike, very classy. Does it have a slight green tint or is that just tint reflections in the photo?

Last edited:
Caber kccomet owns this bike and had a post full of photos I was looking for, it was a good resource, but it seems to be gone now. This bike was listed on EBay at one time and I saved all those photos as well, I need to go through my PC and find them.
Back when this was listed on ebay I posted this video showing the bike bought at an estate sale by the gentleman I believe who sold it on ebay. It was listed for a long time on ebay for a lot more than it was worth but the price kept dropping till it sold.

your right about wastyns being so varied, they were all over the place in their frames, I've had quite a few over the years and they were all a little different sometimes a lot different. I like how you rattled of some of the great names kopsky, appelhans, brennan, etc of American frame builders. most people have never head of them, and if they have they don't care. these 20s 30s track bikes don't get alot of love in my opinion. I've spent stupid money on some, but most can be bought for the price of a mid level 80s bianchi. I've sold quite a few of my bikes but still have the goossens

20211203_094422.jpg

your right about wastyns being so varied, they were all over the place in their frames, I've had quite a few over the years and they were all a little different sometimes a lot different. I like how you rattled of some of the great names kopsky, appelhans, brennan, etc of American frame builders. most people have never head of them, and if they have they don't care. these 20s 30s track bikes don't get alot of love in my opinion. I've spent stupid money on some, but most can be bought for the price of a mid level 80s bianchi. I've sold quite a few of my bikes but still have the goossens

View attachment 1521471
You have a fantastic collection, plus we both were smart enough to purchase Pop Brennans from Edward Albert. ;)

Back