When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wastyn racer or what is it

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kccomet

I live for the CABE
dug this out today and wiped the dust off it. it has a wastyn cycle decal on it, i know this doesnt make it a wastyn, im sure they sold other brands. it has very distinct fork crown and a bolted bottom bracket. there are holes for a headbadge. its a very nice quality built frame, what ever it is. maybe european,any ideas on maker. thanks for any input or speculation

wastyn 001.JPG

wastyn 002.JPG

wastyn 003.JPG

wastyn 004.JPG

wastyn 007.JPG

wastyn 008.JPG

wastyn 006.JPG

a lot of the old racers 20s 30s used bsa cranks and parts, bsa and chater lea parts were a favorite. yes i think the wastyn decal was a shop decal. no stamping on the lugs, remember there are headbadge holes, which most of my racers dont have.what are you thinking billy boy

The lugs are very similar to Emil built frames. He built many custom bike frames for 6 day races. BSA parts on Waystn built frames were the norm.

Note the integrated headset on the Emil example vs kccomet's which have pressed cups. Not an expert, just noticing details. Very cool bike, might be an entry level racer?

I am happy to see that these sort of bikes are starting to gain some interest.
I do not believe this is a Wastyn bike, but do not know what it might be. I do not recall ever seeing this fork crown.
I think Wastyn bikes are difficult to identify because there seems to be many variations from bike to bike. Here are pictures of two bikes which I believe are Wastyn built.
The black bike was raced by a local barber and the decal reads "Oscar Wastyn Special".
The silver bike is repainted with no decals. Old owner raced it in the 1950's and reports it is a Wastyn. Although I cannot confirm it it was supposed to have been owned by Cecil Yates who raced on the factory Paramount team before WWII. This was updated a bit in the 70's to allow the owner to ride it for exercise. The original hubs have a CY carved into them that appears to have been done long ago, so perhaps at least the hubs, if not the bike belonged to Cecil.
Owaystnspl (5).JPG
waystn.JPG

Back