When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watching an old Andy Griffith show

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Titled “A medal for Opie.” Barney tries to get Opie in shape and rides a bike while Opie runs. It’s a middleweight Schwinn but the name on the chain guard is hard to read.

That’s what I first thought but the Corvettes had a headlight on the handlebars.

Well you know Barney, always messing with things he knows nothing about. He bought the bike and seller said light untested in his sales ad. So Barney took it off and tried to make it work and then lost the tiny little screw that holds the lens bezel on. End of the light just like all the Corvettes you see today. 🤣

You mean like the ones that I have? One was missing when I bought the bike, the other was eaten up by battery acid. 0 for 2. The cheap LEDs provide better light anyway. 😎

Out of the dozen Corvettes that I have today only two came with a light. My 58 has a really nice one with excellent chrome and I tried to get that one to work. Didn't have much luck and never put it back on the bike figuring I'd deal with it a little later. The one off my girls 55 was mint and that fired right up after I cleaned all the cob webs out of inside and put in a battery. I put that one in the rare parts vault!

Probably masked over the Schwinn and Corvette decals so there was no "free" advertising for Schwinn.

Not sure about products in productions back then but today everything has a licensing fee and to put a name brand on screen the manufacturer has to sign off.

Remember the Mongoose Two Four in the original Karate Kid had all the decals unreadable.

Back