When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water bottle mount on an oversized downtube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've been through the Elite,
aP4090005.jpg

aP4130009.jpg

the Velo Orange - VO copied T/A, and there are only a few cages with tabs long enough to work with these (oddly VO cages don't work with them)
aP4020006.jpg

I have the King Cage clamps on two bikes, and the reliability is over the top. Just put down a layer of helicopter tape, or here I used strips from leftover handlebar leather
Okcd5k3.jpg

I certainly don't think they detract from the looks of the two bikes
ZHNw8UQ.jpg

nDwGeHu.jpg

I'll always be a form follows function guy.
The only thing that's supposed to be about bikes is that bikes are supposed to be ridden.
That's always been the case, as far back as you can go with bicycles.
Whatever function facilitates the bike being ridden is correct for the bike.

Last edited:
Thanks for that tip. I didn't know Hi-E made bottle cages. I looked, and it seems they made them so they can mount either with standard braze-on fittings, or a single hose clamp through the slot in the middle. These may well have appeared on odd-sized bikes like my Teledyne in the day, but I still can't warm to the hose clamp look, I guess. Just today, my Elite bottle mount adapters arrived from Lithuania(!), so I guess I'll see how they look on there. They are large alloy pieces, and the cage will sit above the tube, so it is an aesthetic experiment!
The hose clamp used on the Hi-e cage is 'undersized' in width ....looks very 'minimalist' ....that's kinda the lens that Harlan viewed bicycles through

One more example I left off - KlickFix - it's essentially a single hose clamp that doesn't look like a hose clamp.

klickfix.jpg

Back