When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

way too many flakes and cancellations on my Craigslist sales. humans suck.

-
I found a button somewhere on my iPhone that makes calls by unidentified telephone numbers not ring, and I have not heard any complaints thus far.
In the old days, one would have had to connect an auto-answering/recording device.

Dogs 2022.jpg

I have buyers call before they leave their home for mine. That way I know they are at least planning to come, no call- no wait. FB sucks but then so do smartphones in my book!! Its hell to get old and hate change
Ok Ok cell phones kinda suck, unless of course I’m the one using one ! Some little punk just ran the red light near my house staring at her stupidphone , lucky for me I saw & stopped on my green light , & I like how people constantly grip them in their hands like their some sort of life support system ? I was at a concert recently and all you see is a sea of phones

When I put an ad on CL I put in the ad NO TEXT OR E-MAILS Please call my phone no. this I think filters out some of the tire kickers. I will still get e-mails from the people that can't read. I think the serious will call even though it is hard to dial a phone. I've had good luck with the first person calling, coming and buying the item without dickering. If I think their casing the garage I make sure to point out the cameras and I have empty boxes of 9mm ammo setting on a table by the door. I did have one guy that came and didn't seem to interested in the item he came to look at and started to lowball me on other items in my garage, I think he just used the for sale item as a way to get his foot in the door and try to buy other items that weren't listed for sale. The older I get the more skeptical I get.
You need to be careful posting any real phone numbers anywhere these days. There’s WAY too many scammers out to flip phone numbers. email IDs or any personal info they can get. I won’t call anyone - I prefer text or e (at least CL email is secure- 1 way). I also flag off/report the double/triple or worse mass-posters, scammers, druggies & worse scum all ads.

I’m also considerate both buying/selling. I must be fairly lucky & generally don’t have too much trouble - save for those that want to lowball ya to the point of stealing (so they can flip it for double if not more)…. Everybody’s looking to make money of everyone anymore. It definitely IS disheartening!

Ok Ok cell phones kinda suck, unless of course I’m the one using one ! Some little punk just ran the red light near my house staring at her stupidphone , lucky for me I saw & stopped on my green light , & I like how people constantly grip them in their hands like their some sort of life support system ? I was at a concert recently and all you see is a sea of phones
Them phone's is to big to fitt in there litle ass pocketss.

maybe I am the "odd man out" here, but when I see a bike or other junk for sale I call if they accept phone calls, arrange a time and get there within a reasonable timeframe to buy or at least look at the item in question. 9 times out of 10 I am ready to leave when I call. only unexpected traffic will make me late. I'm single and have no kids I got to keep so my time is 100% my own other than work.

I have NEVER arranged to meet a seller and call them at the time I am supposed to arrive and say I am not coming. I tell them where I am coming from and check the google to see how long it will take to get there. it has become so bad that I think maybe someone is messing with me using multiple phone numbers. I brought 2 bikes and a frame to my work to accommodate a potential buyer a few weeks back and he cancelled on me never to be heard from again.

on a positive note I have never had a no show. they always TEXT, cancel and either never text back or text a week later.. had texts from 3 individuals for items for sale this morning and last night, not a one has arranged to meet me.

this is getting old, suddenly shipping a bike or parts (or assorted cool stuff) no longer seems like a pain in the butt.

my other selling rant here is texts. I am ready to only put my land line in the ads and have people call me and leave a message. which means I will have calls with no message left for a call back. not seeing how 15 texts over 45 minutes is better than a 5 minute phone call.

I have been a buyer/seller for a good 35 years , it did not used to be this way

maybe it's a Bay Area thing. how are local sales going for you guys?
I've managed to sell one bike this year and Craigslust is dead to.me.. I have to get an Offer Up account going as I hear this is the way to go now days...

Back