When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WD-40. Can't empty the whole can

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok, I get what you mean. If it's no longer pressurized, it's done. Either return it if you can, or punch a hole and drain. In my experience, the Bonus Size cans stop spraying right side up with about 25% left not due to losing pressure but due to some internal valving I'm guessing. I simply spray the can upside down. Happens quite frequently.

Last edited:
Are your cans exposed to the cold? (I guess it gets cold in far east LA.)
I will sometimes place an aerosol can in very ,almost hot , water. Take it out occasionally and shake.

I have turned the can over, cover the bottom with a heavy rag and slightly punctured the bottom with a screwdriver. It will hiss , once it stops , you can open it up

Are your cans exposed to the cold? (I guess it gets cold in far east LA.)
I will sometimes place an aerosol can in very ,almost hot , water. Take it out occasionally and shake.

I have turned the can over, cover the bottom with a heavy rag and slightly punctured the bottom with a screwdriver. It will hiss , once it stops , you can open it up

My cans are exposed to high heat and never have I had one that would completely empty before the propellant dissipates. But a man can't live without his WD-40. lol

wd40.jpg

Screenshot_20190303-063000_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190303-063019_Chrome.jpg

This is the company's excuse for an explanation.

We have covered every issue, shake, rattle and roll. Exposure to cold and hell fire temperatures . So there is definitely an issue.

Back