We need another show to Happen in Massachusetts suggestions please.

• REMINDER: There is a 2-day bump rule for Classifieds forums. Please take a moment to review the rules by clicking HERE.

This ad disappears when logged in

tanksalot

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 22, 2011
Hingham, United States
Hello, A lot of collectors here in Massachusetts & the surrounding states attended the Dudley bike show thanks to bike Mikes Generosity over the years . Mike has relocated & a new show is being worked on.Either from Mikes new location or nearby his new location. ) But very likely wont take place until spring at this point .( I could be wrong ) .
We have lost the Museum of transportation show .
We have lost the Monson bike show.
No Howe's Caverns any more .( The concept of a family destination for a show was a great idea I believe.)
And others over past years.
I'm glad there is Fitchburg Rides & a couple of other shows that are still around.
The reason for this thread is so that people that attend these shows have any suggestions going forward to help create a new vintage bike show venue to post ideas locations ect.
I'd consider trying to figure out a show venue local to me but I'm so far East. I feel my location although beautiful to host a Summer ride/ Pub crawl would not work for a good central location for a lot of collectors to have a bike show.
This is meant to be a positive post to help with the lack of shows we suddenly have in Mass.

Last edited:

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
thecabe.com
I have been talking to Mike about it for a few months.... But I think we missed the window on having one outside at the old location. And the new location is not ready yet.

tanksalot

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 22, 2011
Hingham, United States
I have also been talking to Mike your right the window has closed unless someone has a indoor location for a winter show.. I realize its a long shot I'm hoping this post helps in some way to maybe get another show started.A lot of people like going to Mikes shows & the others. I'm hoping this post starts a collective conversion to see if there's any ideas that may help.

catfish

Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
thecabe.com
Up until a few weeks ago we still could have had a swap meet in the front parking lot of the old Dudley flea market. I have done outside swaps in Nov and Dec. Just need to advertise it, and get the word out.

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2009
Fitchburg, MA
The "Fitchburg Rides" bicycle swap will absolutely be on this year once again. We had our best year so far in 2018 with our new spacious and easy to access area. Also always a FREE EVENT for vendors...........................As an added bonus, you can take in the Iver Johnson bike show at the Fitchburg Historical Society. Pete in Fitchburg

catfish

Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
thecabe.com
The "Fitchburg Rides" bicycle swap will absolutely be on this year once again. We had our best year so far in 2018 with our new spacious and easy to access area. Also always a FREE EVENT for vendors...........................As an added bonus, you can take in the Iver Johnson bike show at the Fitchburg Historical Society. Pete in Fitchburg
Great news!

Mr.RED

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 17, 2017
Massachusetts
I always thought about having a swap in Lowell but to find a venue for it might be pricey and a hassle. Losing Monson, Larz Anderson and now Dudley really just leaves us with Fitchburg and then the Seabrook swaps. The best show for me I can remember was the 1 and only swap at Nick Bennetts shop in Arlington MA right off the Minuteman bike path which gave the swap a ton of public foot traffic which isn't common at most bike shows. Over the past 9 years out of all the swaps I been to I've notice 1 major flaw at every bike swap its dealer on dealer action. How come people outside of bike collectors don't go to bike shows? Is it the early morning hours or say location? I believe bike swaps could thrive in New England if more were done to reach out to the public . Any where near Boston would be ideal because of the colleges, Worcester would be good also and any other college based town. I am no organizer but I am sure in any major city a permit is required I could be wrong but I would like to assume so. I always thought Lowell would be good for a bike swap like somewhere off the Lowell Connector Lowell being 40 minutes north of Boston 45 minutes from Worcester short drive from NH.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture