When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We need another show to Happen in Massachusetts suggestions please.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When is the next show?

Hi Giovanni,

Not trying to avoid your question on the dte of the "Fitchburg Rides" swap. I have an email into the team and we are looking at dates. We want to make sure we are not in conflict with any shows in New England. I'll post the date here just as soon as it's confirmed. Pete in Fitchburg

I'm not a people person or organizer, but I've thought Salem Common would be a great place to have a bike show, maybe classics from different eras and categories (if enough show up) and a custom section, maybe voting for a few categories of awards. Salem is a college town, historic Salem Common is very visible and gets a lot of tourists and resident traffic, it's about a mile from the train station, and they host a bicycle race there in the fall. I think a focus on swap meets makes the event more of an "in-crowd" kind of thing that pushes away the normals, which is what I think most of us would want to avoid. I'm not saying a not to have booths, but I think it would be more appealing to the general public to emphasize more general appeal bikes, like customs, bright colored ballooners, and antiques like high wheelers and hobby horses (if we can get them to show) to show the evolution of the bicycle and the fun aspects. Speaking of history, the PEM is two blocks away and, at that, perhaps the Essex St. pedestrian way running along its facade across from the fountain would be another option.

I was thinking of doing one of those tweed rides with my ex this year, but the calendar still has question marks for the exact date sometime in April, while everything else on the vintage calendar has an full date, so it doesn't look like it will happen.

Please check out the Wethersfield, CT Event on June 9th.

Mike's Dudley swap was my first years ago, and modelled ours after that. Ours is a bit different though as it is done through a school system. We have lots of "civilians" who walk through as well as the usual crowd. I was also lucky enough to go to Monson a couple times before it wound down.

SO please consider making the trip to ours... it is worth it.

Secondly, please don't make yours the same date as ours. Always the 2nd Sunday in June. This year June 9th.

Our philosophy is that "all ships rise with the tide (if we don't torpedo each other)." We are happy to cross promote and spread the word to help grow the entire scene of swaps and shows in NE and hopefully receive the same treatment in kind.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2272840756332072/

Bicycle Show Flier- 2019.jpg
Bicycle Show Flier- 2019.jpg

The "Fitchburg Rides" bicycle swap will absolutely be on this year once again. We had our best year so far in 2018 with our new spacious and easy to access area. Also always a FREE EVENT for vendors...........................As an added bonus, you can take in the Iver Johnson bike show at the Fitchburg Historical Society. Pete in Fitchburg
Send me a flier and we'll put it out at the Wethersfield show, like we have in the past.
[email protected]

Back