When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Webco bmx...

-

Rusty2wheels

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Help! Looking to find out info on this webco bmx bike. I can't seem to find a source to date it by serial number... any help is appreciated
a497ee1624c2d8311090cffd002ae2bf.jpg
b95465a88207a4d64ed80a6b5d73ed1d.jpg
0591f0f1f3b764cceffb45523043109c.jpg
deecfb8e72726c3f2d7a4f79d8843b00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webco was a general parts distributor to motorcycle dealers back in the 60s-80s or so. They would not have manufactured the bike themselves but had it made, or maybe someone who bought parts from Webco just slapped Webco decals on their bike. Good luck....

I think what you have is an Emory built Webco. Webco inc in California folded around 82 if memory serves. Then Emory cycles of Jacksoville Florida picked up the name and 20 inch BMX frame jigs and made them for a short time. Emory even sold 26 inch cruisers badged as Webcos too. Webco inc never produced a 26 inch model period! What gives yours away as being made by Emory is the serial number location. It's on the head tube and looks like it starts with an F or an E. All Webco Inc made models have their serial number located on the bottom bracket. The serial number always starts with W. Also Webco Inc bikes came with fairly good quality headsets and bottom bracket sets. Emory tended to stick with lower quality componets on their bikes. So in my opinion you have an early 80's Emory built Webco.

Back