When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird. A 77 Sting Ray that I actually like. A lot.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I never wanted one of these before. I hated later Rays and the extra dip in the chain guard, the riskless trigger shifters, the shortened and cheapened fender, the horrible reflectors... the list goes on.
RQEA9949.JPG

This one seems to be different. Although the color "Sunset Orange" looked terrible on most bikes that I have seen, this one topped by the black saddle and in the condition it is in, is very cool. (Baaa, not cool orange... just cool)

Is this the last year with the tall and proud stance with tall sissy and handle bars? Not sure, but this makes me think that maybe there are a few Rays made after 73 that deserve love too.
RQJT3518.JPG

It is so nice to find a bike in this condition. This kid must have been hit by a road sweeper in late 77 and perhaps this bike was enshrined in his room with his Bay City Roller records and Power Rangers until the big Estate Sale in 2018 or so. Well, I salute this kid and his well preserved bicycle, even if it's a post 73 model.

im still interested
Hi,

I went to the basement a took pics and hesitated... and delayed sending them... and since I am skittish about making a deal I guess I will hold her for a while. You will be first right of refusal.

Jim

Back