When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird bike lock, 2 hrs of my life I'm the bumb azz.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HEMI426

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This bike I bought at the auction had a weird lock on it so I without enough oxygen in my brain pushed the lever down and it locked on the wheel. I should of took the lock off the bike while it was unlocked ( dumb azz ) because now it's locked on the wheel and I don't know how to unlock it. I had to take it apart while locked on the wheel to figure out the mechanical parts to unlock it. Finally unlocked it, looking at the inside I discovered the reflector moves left, right and up. A certain combination of those movements unlocks it. I put it back together on the bench and pushed the reflector up and it unlocks. I felt so stupid, my wife was laughing at me. 2 hrs. of my life and a little blood. Tested it many times before I put it back on the bike. I'm 67 yrs. old and still need adult supervision, by posting this maybe I could help someone learn not to be a dumb azz and lock a bike lock on the bike if you don't know how to unlock it.

20220508_145431.jpg

20220508_145407.jpg

20220508_144205.jpg

20220508_143946.jpg

20220508_143923.jpg

20220508_143932.jpg

20220508_144101.jpg

20220508_145115.jpg

20220508_150007.jpg

20220508_150031.jpg

I recently sold one new on the card and it had the unlocking instructions on the back. Maybe you could contact the buyer and see if he would share the instructions. I have no idea if they all used the same combination, but there can only be so many possibilities.

I remember coming across one of those BITD, and thinking how cool it would be to have a lock you can't lose the key to. 😍

All we had were ring locks with these typical flat keys. The question was not whether you would lose the key, but how soon that would be. And the spare was never to be seen again after having put it in a secure place, of course.

yws_ringslot_sport_zwart_169813.jpg

Good you saved it, most would have just cut it off, I had a box of NOS ones ( still have a couple somewhere I'll post pic of ), a lot of different makers, combo & key ( mostly Europe/Asia ), mine had a little tab on the mounting bolt that said 2>, 1<, 3^, all had different combos.

This bike I bought at the auction had a weird lock on it so I without enough oxygen in my brain pushed the lever down and it locked on the wheel. I should of took the lock off the bike while it was unlocked ( dumb azz ) because now it's locked on the wheel and I don't know how to unlock it. I had to take it apart while locked on the wheel to figure out the mechanical parts to unlock it. Finally unlocked it, looking at the inside I discovered the reflector moves left, right and up. A certain combination of those movements unlocks it. I put it back together on the bench and pushed the reflector up and it unlocks. I felt so stupid, my wife was laughing at me. 2 hrs. of my life and a little blood. Tested it many times before I put it back on the bike. I'm 67 yrs. old and still need adult supervision, by posting this maybe I could help someone learn not to be a dumb azz and lock a bike lock on the bike if you don't know how to unlock it.

View attachment 1622845

View attachment 1622846

View attachment 1622847

View attachment 1622848

View attachment 1622849

View attachment 1622850

View attachment 1622851

View attachment 1622852

View attachment 1622853

View attachment 1622854
Sounds like your wife should carry you wallet. That's how I lost mine.

I haven't carried a wallet since the 70s so I wouldn't loose it, but right now I don't know where it is in this house so I guess it is lost. lol

Back