When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird bike lock, 2 hrs of my life I'm the bumb azz.

-
reminds me of a brain slip, a heartbreak bike mistake.

53 Raleigh all orig with celluloid fenders.

seller wrapped entirely with with white plastic bag material ......

I knew I ought to unwrap the to properly load , but time was short and in loading the fenders shatterred....... still can't stand to look at that bike without cringing.

a lot of men better than I would have would have put it in the back pile. Well done for solving that unlock !

Don't be do hard on yourself, afterall it is a Euro (Swedish?) bicycle and maybe a little unfamiliar. Credit to you for sorting it out. As far as the adult supervision, yeah, it only gets worse. Just think of it as a second childhood.

-----

other examples -

-----

The code can be found online, there is a guy who have list of them if you state the serial no. Don't know he is is, but should be googlable. The bike is Norwegian, i think, certainly not Swedish or Danish.

Found one of my NOS ones in my swap meet box, A Basta, made in Denmark and guess you can put the combo tag on your key ring.

-----

another example was posted yesterday in a new discussion thread on a Batavus Flying Dutchman cycle from the 1970's over in the "International" forum

it is a brand termed R E N -

1655156911811.png

-----

Last edited:
Back