When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird bike lock, 2 hrs of my life I'm the bumb azz.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
reminds me of a brain slip, a heartbreak bike mistake.

53 Raleigh all orig with celluloid fenders.

seller wrapped entirely with with white plastic bag material ......

I knew I ought to unwrap the to properly load , but time was short and in loading the fenders shatterred....... still can't stand to look at that bike without cringing.

a lot of men better than I would have would have put it in the back pile. Well done for solving that unlock !

Don't be do hard on yourself, afterall it is a Euro (Swedish?) bicycle and maybe a little unfamiliar. Credit to you for sorting it out. As far as the adult supervision, yeah, it only gets worse. Just think of it as a second childhood.

-----

other examples -

-----

The code can be found online, there is a guy who have list of them if you state the serial no. Don't know he is is, but should be googlable. The bike is Norwegian, i think, certainly not Swedish or Danish.

Found one of my NOS ones in my swap meet box, A Basta, made in Denmark and guess you can put the combo tag on your key ring.

-----

another example was posted yesterday in a new discussion thread on a Batavus Flying Dutchman cycle from the 1970's over in the "International" forum

it is a brand termed R E N -

1655156911811.png

-----

Last edited:
Back