When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird looking TOC bike....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nope, the building was sold so the Museum got the 90 day notice, just like I am waiting for. The new owners are nice enough, but they are going to turn the building into two Condo's, I talked to them and their interest is in the $. The Museum was offered some space down the street, but the landlords are silly heads, and want your first born, a personal guarantee, a buyout clause, and a percentage of sales. The landlords own most of Cannery Row and I would think that a Steinbeck Museum would be a draw, or at least a novelty, but not when the $ of square footage is involved.

Nope, the building was sold so the Museum got the 90 day notice, just like I am waiting for. The new owners are nice enough, but they are going to turn the building into two Condo's, I talked to them and their interest is in the $. The Museum was offered some space down the street, but the landlords are silly heads, and want your first born, a personal guarantee, a buyout clause, and a percentage of sales. The landlords own most of Cannery Row and I would think that a Steinbeck Museum would be a draw, or at least a novelty, but not when the $ of square footage is involved.
I'd give you a Like for this post, because it's a good one, but damn, it's such a shame. The greed never fails to amaze me.

Really sorry to hear this. I know his grand niece, her grandmother was his sister. She and her husband are restoring the cottage in Carmel where he wrote. It was her Great Grandparents vacation/beach cottage built turn of the century or so. She says it was really just a hunting/fishermans shack but the family kept adding rooms over the decades. According to her they have a closet full of signed first additions and when they need some cash for work on the house they put a couple up for auction with rare book dealers.

She says the worst part is going down to work on it on a weekend and going out front in her bathrobe with a cup of coffee at 8am to get the Sunday paper and the yard is full of a bus load of Japanese Tourists taking her picture with bed head and bathrobe.;) Wonder if any of the old family bikes are still around the house!

Gary

Back