When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird looking TOC bike....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
The local John Steinbeck Museum on Cannery Row closed and I ended up buying 15 large scale panels of miscellaneous old black and white photos of Historical Monterey. There is one picture of a bicycle, and it is a weird looking frame. Check it out...
IMG_8643.JPG

IMG_8646.JPG

Funky....

Those prints are fantastic.
Cannery Row is a great historical experience. Visited from Canada last year.

I like the really short top tube and down tube, and the little chainring. Good eye on the sprung fork, must have been a well to do family, and thank you for confirming the different wheel size, I was thinking they were different sizes, but my eyes were not completely sure.
I ended up with 15 panels; 6 of them are 4' x 8' x 3/4" hardwood that weighs 72# each, these are stupid big and heavy so I will be cutting them down to manageable sizes; a couple 2' x 8' x 3/4", which will be trimmed, and the rest are manageable 4' x 6' x 1/8" hardboard. I am going to be mounting as many of the the most interesting ones as possible in my loft entry space like wallpaper.
I was only interested and initially purchased two panels, the bicycle panel being the main attraction, but the meuseum Curator wanted me to have them all, so I took her lowball offer for all the panels. I had to rent a trailer to get them to my place, but it was worth the effort, they are currently airing out in my warehouse garage and will be cut down to size this weekend. She had a lot of first edition books, antique furniture, and a Steinbeck typewriter from the Cottage, but I think he hand wrote most of the good stuff.
fullsizeoutput_32d.jpeg

Hey Mike, do not tell me they replaced the Steinbeck museum with a video arcade or a T-shirt shop. Please say it isn't so.

Back