When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Military Bicycle Enthusiasts!

-
Hi Military Bicycle enthousiasts! Just joined after many years of lurking on this site...

Johan Willaert from Belgium, owner/webmaster of Theliberator website....

Cheers,

Johan

Hi all! I'm a newbie to this list. Fascinating stuff. I'm a serious collector of World War 1 / Great War US "Doughboy" stuff - especially anything pertaining to the US 30th "Old Hickory" Division. I don't know squat about bicycles of the era and am here to learn. I'd love to have a nice original or a good repro - but need to know more about the topic before even thinking about acquiring one. Anyway, that's me - - - OH - - and I also collect bugles, but am scaling that collection down to make room for more WW1 stuff!

Cheers!

Jay

This is a great thread! I have a Tunturi Finnish Military Bicycle that I just cleaned up and put the correct dunlop valve tubes on it. I showed it for the first time at the National MVPA Show in Dayton Ohio in 2011 and surprisingly I got a silver award which I was not expecting but the previous year Jerry Cleveland got a gold award with his Finnish Military Bike that he rebuilt. Its great to see military bicycles getting the attention and awards they deserve.

Hello All,

I'm interested in vintage British bicycles, especially British military models.
Been lurking for a little while, but have decided to join the fold so I can contribute!

Cheers,

Rob

O.K.O.K.....IT'S NOT FROM A REAL WAR... HOWEVER MY "REPRODUCTION RECREATION...ONE MAN'S VISION".....IS A REALY NEAR CORRECT U.S. ARMY COURRIERS BIKE... I MADE IT WITH 1953 SPRINGER FRAME, CORRECT PAINT, SADDLE BAGS FROM THE MARINE CORPS SUPPLY DEPOT, LIGHT, I.D. AND METAL BADGES OF THE KOREAN WAR ERA...IT IS A GREAT PARADE AND CONVERSATION BIKE WITH VETERANS...THEY GET NOSTALGIC, BUT I WON'T LET THOSE OLD SOLDIERS TAKE IT FOR A RIDE...SIGNED HENRY OF HENDERSON

O.K.O.K.....IT'S NOT FROM A REAL WAR... HOWEVER MY "REPRODUCTION RECREATION...ONE MAN'S VISION".....IS A REALY NEAR CORRECT U.S. ARMY COURRIERS BIKE... I MADE IT WITH 1953 SPRINGER FRAME, CORRECT PAINT, SADDLE BAGS FROM THE MARINE CORPS SUPPLY DEPOT, LIGHT, I.D. AND METAL BADGES OF THE KOREAN WAR ERA...IT IS A GREAT PARADE AND CONVERSATION BIKE WITH VETERANS...THEY GET NOSTALGIC, BUT I WON'T LET THOSE OLD SOLDIERS TAKE IT FOR A RIDE...SIGNED HENRY OF HENDERSON

02182016.jpg

:)

Scott sure is quick

I was going to hit him up too for this group but no need! Thanks Scott---sam
and my Columbia Military Model
1918finished2-1.jpg

I hope people out side the Cabe come to this group.We need the military historian ,museum staffer and us bike nuts to learn more about all the military bikes and even civilian models produced because of war.There is just a lot of info that could be shared.On the other internet military vehicle boards bicycles just get covered up by M/C and jeep type talk.It's great that the CABE a bicycle site is now the place to have this info centered.What a great idea,Collin.

Back