When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Military Bicycle Enthusiasts!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I found this unique article about bicycles used in different ways of the war's.I enjoyed the history,and reading,thank you.

Hi Forrest Hawthorne,

and Welcome.

Could you show us some pictures, that will help.

Thanks,

Adrian

OK, I'd never heard of a 'Road Puppy", but a quick google says that it was based on the Japanese military folding bike, was produced during and after the war, and many were taken back to the US by soldiers in the occupying forces after the war.

I'd still be interested in seeing a picture.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi all, I'm new here, have about 7 wartime Military bikes, a 1942 Huffman (that's been discussed here before I noticed) a Columbia, a Durkopp Truppenfahrrad, 2 MKIV British ones, a very low numbered first pattern folding bike, and an original paint second pattern.

I'll be back with questions!

Lex Schmidt, Holland.

IMG_0330 - kopie.JPG

Hi Lex, @Welbike

and Welcome. (-: I follow your topics on HMVF (and occasionaly contribute too as Le Prof).

If we've already discussed your Huffman here, then I look forward to learning about your Columbia too. (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hello;
Welcome to THE CABE 😺
We know each other a little for having talked together 1-2 years ago on DKW rt125na and Columbia bicycle by Mail.
Regards;
Serge

Thanks all!! yes, I have many military motorcycles too!
The 1942 Huffman was the one Craig Johnson had some years ago (#D 51646), I bought it out of Indiana last year, it's original paint, but has Columbia fenders fitted, later on I got 1 front and 2 rears of Huffman fenders, also from IN, so am planning to set that right, I don't know who put these Columbia fenders on this bike? or could it have been done during the war? maybe leave it alone?

I have more original paint stuff for my Columbia, mainly wheels, so thought I could use the fenders on that restored bike, that I bought from a friends Militaria shop in Patterson NY about 3 years ago. so decisions decisions!

Have only a couple of pictures of both bikes, but will make some over the weekend, at least from the Huffman, as the Columbia is still in parts, when I dismantled it in PA in 2019 for shipment overseas.

Will also note all numbers on the parts, for the database here. Below a picture of the Huffman and of the Columbia number, don't think it was known here.

Lex

003.jpg

007.jpg

Back