When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Schwinners!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is the 1967 Typhoon I purchased/found recently. Since this is my virgin vintage, I have some questions I'm hoping those with the knowledge will help me with. The end result is I want a clean-looking bike that I can take on organized rides and possibly sell for a profit in the future. Here are my questions.

1) How can I tell if the bolts currently on the bike are the bolts that were on the bike originally? I'm asking because the screw/bolt in the 4th picture below looks a little off (but what do I know).
2) Should I leave the frame as is (see 3rd picture) or repaint it?
3) As you can see in the 2nd and 5th pictures, there is a large scrape on the rear fender. Should I replace or is there a way to remove the scrape?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

-Larry

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Here is the 1967 Typhoon I purchased/found recently. Since this is my virgin vintage, I have some questions I'm hoping those with the knowledge will help me with. The end result is I want a clean-looking bike that I can take on organized rides and possibly sell for a profit in the future. Here are my questions.

1) How can I tell if the bolts currently on the bike are the bolts that were on the bike originally? I'm asking because the screw/bolt in the 4th picture below looks a little off (but what do I know).
2) Should I leave the frame as is (see 3rd picture) or repaint it?
3) As you can see in the 2nd and 5th pictures, there is a large scrape on the rear fender. Should I replace or is there a way to remove the scrape?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

-Larry

View attachment 1783582

View attachment 1783583

View attachment 1783584

View attachment 1783585

View attachment 1783586
The bolts holding your fender braces to the frame fork ends were 1/4" by 20 threads by 3/4" long cadmium plated Pan head bolts. Use a regular nut with a 1/4" "internal" star washer. When installing a rack, carrier, or other accessory we used the same spec bolt, but with a 7/8" length. You could find this in Stainless Steel at any industrial hardware store and would be much cheaper than at Ace.

John

The bolts holding your fender braces to the frame fork ends were 1/4" by 20 threads by 3/4" long cadmium plated Pan head bolts. Use a regular nut with a 1/4" "internal" star washer. When installing a rack, carrier, or other accessory we used the same spec bolt, but with a 7/8" length. You could find this in Stainless Steel at any industrial hardware store and would be much cheaper than at Ace.

John
Thanks, John. The bolts you referenced is what didn't pass the smell test. I appreciate your input.

-Larry

Back