When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Schwinners!

-
Anyone has knowledge on this Schwinn Visitors Pass? Thank you...

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

Hey y’all. First time poster here but I just had to say that I too am a “Schwinnthusiast” and I have a few. Here’s a couple of them. The orange one in the foreground is a ‘66 Racer with a mod or two and the other photo is my ‘93 Hurricane. By the way I love this site for being such a great repository of information.

58A20523-0557-424D-A8AD-8E8358B31B9C.jpeg

DF187E1F-73B1-40D0-A5FA-3982BCCF7F55.jpeg

View attachment 1351845

View attachment 1351846

View attachment 1351845

View attachment 1351846
That's a cool factory item.

They were pretty tight about letting just anyone wander through the factory due to safety concerns. All of the tours were guided by factory personal. After the tour they would take you to the onsite cafeteria. I do not remember using a badge like that, but hey it was a long time ago, I was just a kid. It looks accurate to me.

John

Brand new to this hobby as of this morning. I purchased what was described to me as a 1980s Schwinn Typhoon, which turned out to be 1967 based on the Serial Number. My question is, where is the best place to pick up parts? I would love to find a NOS seat (if one exists). So, help a newbie - where do I start in this new hobby (where do I find out what I do not know)?

Brand new to this hobby as of this morning. I purchased what was described to me as a 1980s Schwinn Typhoon, which turned out to be 1967 based on the Serial Number. My question is, where is the best place to pick up parts? I would love to find a NOS seat (if one exists). So, help a newbie - where do I start in this new hobby (where do I find out what I do not know)?
This be the place... dig in!

Back