When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Schwinners!

-
So what was the last year Schwinn put skip tooth chains on bikes... my 52 Hornet is skip tooth, and just noticed the 57 I have for my wife is a skip tooth chain as well.

iphone Aug2011 062.jpg
iphone Aug2011 091.jpg
iphone Aug2011 123.jpg
iphone Aug2011 131.jpg
iphone Aug2011 114.jpg

This site is great. I am a Schwinn guy. I have been restoring them for 2 years now and was strictly getting robbed by Ebay. Now, I am meeting people who have the same interests and are willing to barter or sell at reasonable prices. I have been on the CABE faithfully for 2 months now. THIS IS THE BEST SITE FOR OLD BIKES PERIOD!!

STEVE A.K.A SCHWEIRDO

iphone Aug2011 062.jpg

iphone Aug2011 091.jpg

iphone Aug2011 123.jpg

iphone Aug2011 131.jpg

iphone Aug2011 114.jpg

i've been here on the site since about the end of 2002 and I will say it is an awesome forum, so much knowledge here on schwinns and other bikes. Im always still learning about all other bikes and my interest in different styles I can def say have been attributed to seeing all the different stuff that has come through. And the friendships i have made will be life long and thats invaluable so thanks to all those that have contributed to thecabe and to dave and scott for making it available to us.

Just dropped in to see what condition your Schwinn is in

Newby here saying hello from Oklahoma. I don't ride much anymore because of health issues but I still enjoy working on and restoring my old Schwinn's. This '78 Paramount is my favorite of my 3 Schwinn bikes. I'm still trying to round up some original parts. The Blue bike in the background is my one owner '76 Super Le Tour 1.2.

PC060001.gif

Going backwards

1995 Cruiser SS, not restoring, mking it look old.

Higgins fenders, Plastic Zephyr, paperboys, Vinyl/Schwinn decals TNT Signs Ontario, OR and I did the striping and modifications to the Hawthorne tank (in progress). Found green glitter grips and got a big grin out of that. Still working on the lights so the Zephyr shell is empty.

Schwinn addons (7).JPG
Fender  front.JPG
opetot (3).JPG

Marty, i have a chicago schwinn liberty to sell you. 1933 model hamp 918-333-3323

wow!
Thanks, scott!

Though, i love bicycles in all forms new and old from around the world, my first love, was a schwinn.
So, when i got into this crazy hobby, of course it had to be a schwinn, and i never looked back.
Now i've had to rent a storage unit, which totally goes against my grain, and i live in fear that the auction hunters will be picking through my stuff.
I can't seem to stop. Everytime i turn on the computer, i see a bike or a part that i just can't live without.
I guess recovery starts with acceptance.
Hello, everyone.
My name is marty, and i am a certified schwinnaholic.

marty i bought this bike about 40 years ago and it was when the owner bought it. I will send you pictures if you are interested. Was told it is a 1933. Hamp

I have a 1933 chicago schwinn lirerty for sale can send pictures. Hamp 918-333-3323

A Schwinn hooked me on this hobby, and Schwinns are still my ride of choice. I do have an eye out for one pair of non-Schwinn bikes for the fleet someday, but for now I'm happily strung out on Chicago steel. Thanks for the new section!

JWM

i purchased this bike about 40 years ago used and the person i bought it from also bought it used. bike is ready to ride, and i have extra parts. I have wrenches the short neck tubes, and other stuff. see pictures. hamp 918-333-3323

100_1746.jpg

100_1745.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1742.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1729.jpg

100_1733.jpg

100_1726.jpg

What model is my bike!?!

I have a bike but dont know what it is!!!

And its killin me...

My serial number is J6817054. Buddy said it was from the 70s.. Schwinn obviously... any help is much appreciated, thanks!!!

Attachments

• schwinnbeast.jpg
    schwinnbeast.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 309
Here's my daughters 12" 16" and 20" Schwinns. I've built her a new one every 3 years. She's gowing up faster then I can find and restore them. Now I have a boy due in 3 months and I got him covered for the next 3 years with bikes too. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 291
Back