When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Schwinners!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Timeless

Many Schwinn designs were timeless, which have kept their appeal to this day, even though some were fairly conservative. This lead to a broad appeal over the years, in addition to the advertising campaign drilled into the public's head "Schwinn Stands for Quality" which Joe Public believes to this day on all the old Schwinns.

I also believe the quality of paint and chrome, especially the forged parts, and even some of the stamped parts, make them easier to resurrect. Plus the frames were fairly well constructed with engineered lugs. I have beat on many trying to bring them back, and wonder myself how any kid could have bent it this bad in the first place. I've straightened two dozen over the years and have yet to destroy one. I've cracked them and re-welded, and they are still rideable now.

The universal nature of many parts, and the deep parts inventories that existed in many of the stores, continue to help supply the hobby even still today. The shear numbers of bikes distributed in the heydays makes Schwinn a universally accepted collectable ride today...who didn't have or know someone who had one?

53 panther1.JPG

A Schwinn hooked me on this hobby, and Schwinns are still my ride of choice. I do have an eye out for one pair of non-Schwinn bikes for the fleet someday, but for now I'm happily strung out on Chicago steel. Thanks for the new section!

JWM

well i was always was a schwinn guy and hear are my schwinns the one with the motor is how i got hooked on vintage iron because that crappy bike with the motor was so poorly built. the one that is hanging is still in progress... the frankin bike with the lamp is my rider it's a 80's model with a 3 speed hub and speed shifter mixed matched parts from other schwinns!!! (except the seat)

Attachments

• my ride .jpg
    my ride .jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 454
  • before and after.jpg
    before and after.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 418
  • 100_0860.jpg
    100_0860.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 437
  • 101_0388.jpg
    101_0388.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 425
  • Gone with the Schwinn 012.jpg
    Gone with the Schwinn 012.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
New to vintage bikes. My experience has been with vintage BMX, but I just acquired 2 bikes. 1 is a Schwinn Built BF Goodrich Spitfire (I think) the other is a Schwinn ladies Breeze. The breeze appears to be complete and the Spitfire is rough. So, I am in need of finding more info and parts on the so-called spitfire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly or not - I am new on here - I'm curious about the blue ladies bike you have pictured. Can you tell me what model/year it is? Thank you

Schwinn deseas are, Schwinnaholic, Schwinnstupid, Schwinninsane, Schwinnloco.........

I have been trying to attach vintage Schwinn lights & speedometer to my '54 Panther.
Anyone got a link to setting up the ole Schwinn Approved French Speedometer/Odometer?
The unit itself is gorgeous old chrome, and reads 3137 miles.
While we're at it: how in the H%*# do I remove my handlebars & stem, to install the Schwinn Approved headlight.
I've done my damndest to carefully break it down, WD40 etc. The stem & bars will not budge loose! AHRRRGH…

Back