When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welding and Shaving unwanted fender holes

-

atencioee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone know of someone who can weld and shave unwanted holes in fenders? Hopefully someone who is reasonable and not looking to charge an arm and a leg!

Does anyone know of someone who can weld and shave unwanted holes in fenders? Hopefully someone who is reasonable and not looking to charge an arm and a leg!
Any competent local welder should be able to do this reasonably. V/r Shawn

Before you farm out your project , check out my pictures on my fender.
I had two factory holes for light, and I didn't want to spend a lot money
for a light so I just fill them in with silver solider, sand , and primer all
within one hour. If you decide to try this make sure you use
METAL WORK solider. Cost is about $10.00 Hope this help.

DSCN2134.JPG

DSCN2132.JPG

DSCN2133.JPG

RSCN2131.JPG

A Local High School?
Do they even have shop classes these days, though?
Any garage/muffler shop might be worth a try for quick braze or weld.
Drop by casually at lunchtime and have coffee and donuts nearby!
It should be the first job they get back to after/during lunch.

Any good welding shop will do it with a TIG welder and it’s stronger than the metal of the fender.

JB Weld or solder works very well if you don’t weld or know someone who does. It’s a bicycle fender....

I just used JB Quick on a couple of holes in some old fenders and it works just fine. I used aluminum foil as a backer held with masking tape on the underside of the fender and filled in the holes thru the other side. This stuff sets like in 10 minutes then I hit it with 240 grit wet sand paper and it made a perfect repair.

Back