When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welding Bike Wheels for Wider Rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Anybody know how these would lace with an ordinary hub or even a Nexus 7? Would it be anymore or less difficult ? Can't find anybody who has laced either both wheels together vs just the 1 for a bicycle. Wouldn't they need to both be laced for best support & straightness

Would you only use one side of each rim there for it is laced like a single rim?
That would be my thinking but unfortunately I haven't even mastered that single wheel lacing:(. I want to do this but it's pointless if I can't get it laced right & fairly trued. If the outcome is decent I'd love it with a Nexus 7 to soften the weight maybe ....

Ann Arbor 2014--go big or keep your azz on the porch! V/r Shawn

Ann Arbor 2014--go big or keep your azz on the porch! V/r Shawn

View attachment 1317611
See that is what we need here in Customs. I know RRB has the people, the info, and this stuff has been done. I'm not saying something like a Blue Bird or rare bikes need this but imagine the customs that could be mind boggling with the cheaper vintage frames. I wanna do some 16 & 18" wheels Lmfao

This will indeed profile my tire wider across the top (checked it out on 2 loose rims) now once I weld it up & lace it or have it laced Hopefully it'll clear my Monark Super Deep fenders. May do the front too. Time will tell

Back