When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, after several years of succesful transactions on E-bay, they finally stoled from me.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MarkKBike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I knew it was going to happen eventually, It seems there is nothing I could do as a seller to enforce ebays own policy.

A while back I sold a item, and got a very positive review for it. About a week later I then had a return request that simply stated that buyer changed there mind. I thought no problem, go ahead and return it. (My policy is that the buyer pays return shipping).

Once the buyer found that they were responcible they closed the return request, and opened a snad case, and still admighted fault by saying "it did not have all the features they were looking for., and no longer wanted it". At this point I was not worried because I have read the return policy and thought I was safe.

Before a official ebay decision was made I called ebay, and made sure they documented that the buyer was orriginally happy with the purchase, and then later changed there mind. I told them I have no problem with a return, but do to there own policy I should not have to pay for the return.

Then about 4 hours later I got a message that said the case was closed in the buyers favor, and I had to send them a prepaid return label, or give a complete refund and let them also keep the item.

It would have been cheaper for me to just issue a complete refund and be done with it, but I did not want to support the buyers behavior, so I sent them a return lablel. Once I recieve the Item I'm going to end up paying shipping both ways, and will also have to refund the buyer the purchase price.

Note: Shipping two dirrections exceeds the purchase price of the item itself. Also the buyer did not keep my orriginal packaging, so the item is being sent back in a larger and heavier box, so I had to pay more to ship it back to me, than I did to ship it out. The first lable sent by ebay was not satifactory for the buyer do to this. On top of that I shipped it out using a ground service, and ebay required me to ship it back to myself using priority mail.

In the big picture it was not a super expensive item and its not the end of the world. I will continue selling there, but it is frustrating that they make no attempt to enforce there own policy. I only lost about 45$ in shipping costs. I just hope the item comes back in the same condition so I could re-sell it.

What kind of upsets me is this buyer never once even contacted me durring this whole process, and did everything behind the scene.

As a seller I would never list a really high dollar item on ebay that would cost alot to ship "Like a Bike", because there is way to much risk involved if they are not able to enforce there own return policy. As a e-bay buyer I would have no problem purchasing a bike, and I have done so a few times in the past without any issues.

Last edited:
Note: e-Bay will still allow me the opportunity to offer a review of the case once the item is recieved back before offering a complete refund. But if it comes back in perfect shape, I'd rather just be done with the transaction than to waste any more time on it. Once completed I will block the buyer from any future transactions.

The snad case was a complete fraud, as the additional features this item did not have are not even present in this product, and were not mentioned in the listing. The item in question is not even offered with those features, so they were never even mentioned in the listing.

He has still not shipped it back, but has 10 days to do so from the date he recieved the lable. There is still a possibilty he may choose to keep it. If he does not ship it within the next 8 days I will not be out any money, as the return shipping lable will be refunded. (At least that is what I'm being told).

Last edited:
Note: e-Bay will still allow me the opportunity to offer a review of the case once the item is recieved back before offering a complete refund. But if it comes back in perfect shape, I'd rather just be done with the transaction than to waste any more time on it. Once completed I will block the buyer from any future transactions.

He has still not shipped it back, but has 10 days to do so. There is still a possibilty he may choose to keep it.
what a bunch of crap! it has happened to me plus when I did call ebay to discuss the problem I had difficulty in understanding the person on the other end because the call was transferred to another country each time I called.....

At least everyone at ebay I did speak to was easily understood.

The only problem I had was when trying to figure out how to issue a return lable though ebay. The first person I talked to told me it had to be done though USPS. I then called USPS for help, and waited another 50 minutes on hold for the next available agent only to be told that I need to do it though e-bay.

I then called e-bay back, and the 2nd person I talked to was extreamly knowledgeable and very helpfull, They asked for details, and walked me though the process, and they did most of the work required for me. (Who you get when you call is hit or miss, as some people you get connected to are more proficient at their jobs than others). I guess thats to be expected, as I'm sure its a entry level position.

I have spent over 20+ years in IT support in various positions, and understand the deal when trying to figure out problems. There is always going to be new hires on the other end of the line that do not have a clue in how to get things done, but think they have all the answers. They can sometimes sound extreamly confident on the phone for the simple fact that they do not yet have any idea of what procedures they do not yet know.

I'm probably more understanding than others, as in the past I have also been in that same position myself when dealing in new area's of support.

Last edited:
What kind of upsets me is this buyer never once even contacted me during this whole process, and did everything behind the scene.
I had the same type of buyer 'bout a year ago.....................in another country . He said "The Color was not the same as his SCREEN on his computer showed " Then was a complete D-BAG to EVERYONE involved. I Was Reimbursed ALL of the funds. He was BANNED from using Ebay. Sorry to hear about your sale going bad. It's more common than any of us hear. :mad:

I had the same type of buyer 'bout a year ago.....................in another country . He said "The Color was not the same as his SCREEN on his computer showed " Then was a complete D-BAG to EVERYONE involved. I Was Reimbursed ALL of the funds. He was BANNED from using Ebay. Sorry to hear about your sale going bad. It's more common than any of us hear. :mad:

I once had a similar complaint, and responded back with. "Sorrry, I take actual photos of all Items sold", If your monitor does not show the same colors as my camera, would a 5$ refund on the cost satisfy you". They accepted, and that was the end of that.

Actually, it's pretty easy to rip off sellers when the costs generate a loss to a seller on ebay.

I've had so many stupid items that were not as advertised, falsely, or lackadaisical warehousing sellers send junk only to turn around , refund and forget-about-it, 'keep the junk' It P's, me .O.

1st, the time wasted, and needing to find the right item again delayed longer to get another, then refund and driving to PO to send it back. And keeping it? I didn't want it in the dam 1st place, taking up space in my trash can.

However, given the frequency of junk one can get stuck with, it's not too difficult to understand how easy it would be, and probably is, for freeloaders to order low buck junk and complain for the free ride.

In your case Mark, I don't get that, it sounds like, except: did ebay create a policy change, competitive with amazon, like, 'No returns refused'? Otherwise, you are completely in the right to refuse. You can't just change your mind when what you ordered is exactly what you got. Including, if too dumb to read the entire ad, that's not seller's error, it aint no brick and mortar return department.

Last edited:
Please let us know who the bidder was so we can all block them?

EBay blows in ways that are almost unimaginable....I logged on a week or to list some items and noticed I was "restricted" from
selling....as in NO selling for some ridiculous random window of time like 3 days. Why ? I ask. They instruct me to read my
"messages" ...in doing so I see that They are accusing me of using UNRELATED Titles in the Title Description of a standard
40's-50's brass Schwinn oval headbadge. I added..... "for Hornet, Panther, Phantom etc".... Nothing misleading....in fact
better detailed information to help buyers. They said misleading unrelated brands. Idiots!

I lost it. I called them and raised holy hell. Could not even maintain...ended up using 'choice language' at high volume
I was so pissed. And all the while speaking to the broken English foreign dupe on the other end in ? Philippines? or some
god awful 3rd world armpit.
Took me over 1/2 an hour to get them to realize they screwed up BIG time. F eBay...... I use the site reluctantly....
I wish there were better world wide market places ...

my big poke on ebay was about 15 years ago, I sold a Craftsman Riding mower, disclosed all that was and could be wrong with it. I guy from Austin TX bought it, paid through paypal, drove up to where I live and picked it up. He was happy as heck with it when he left. About a week later, he filed a claim through ebay, I was puzzled. Anyway, I could not prove that he ever got the tractor, because I did not have any proof that it was shipped. So, he got the tractor and he got his 800.00 back and I got poked.

Now, if there is a local pickup on an item, I still send a letter with tracking on it, and it is proof of delivery. I have had 2 times since, that the proof of delivery through the post office, of a letter with a receipt, showed that the item was delivered and got to keep my money.

Of course, years ago, I had bought some software from someone in New York city, and they sent me a letter, with tracking on it, and nothing else. As they had proof of delivery, I couldn't do anything about it and was out the money.

Back