When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, after several years of succesful transactions on E-bay, they finally stoled from me.

-
I got an item back because the buyer said it was ugly . I had posted many pictures and he could see clearly what he’s was getting. I have a no return policy but eBay sided with the buyer and on top I got negative feedback. I called eBay and blasted their rep,She did admit that they always side with the buyer. I’m sure she wasn’t supposed to say that and she did remove the negative feedback.
Ebay and now PayPal suck

The orriginal buyer has not even started to ship the item back yet, but he still has 5 more days to do so.

Whats Funny, here is my orriginal feedback for the item in question:
"Excellent transaction I'm 100% satisfied with this purchase great for traveling. "

Then these are the steps that followed after some time had passed:

1. Ebay Message Recieved May 8th:

"The buyer xxxxxx is returning xxxxxxxx. Per eBay's policy, this return has been automatically approved and we've asked the buyer to send the item back. We've asked the buyer to send the item back. After the buyer ships the item, we'll share the tracking information with you. Please inspect the item before issuing a refund. You must issue a refund within 2 days of item being delivered.

2. On May 9th he Closed the return, and opened a Snad case after finding he was respocible for shipping.

3. Ebay Message Recieved May 9th: (Note there systems caught the activity, and they reviewed it without even me having to ask)

"The case was placed on hold temporarily. We will get back to you with an update on May 14, 2019. "

4. Second ebay message recieved May 9th about 4 hours later: (The "Not as described reason" is compleately made up, as the buyer already said they simply changed there mind in the first return process). I think that is one of the options they get to select when opening a snad case, because in text the buyer never once said this. He just said it did not have features he desired, and changed his mind.

"Hello, I'm contacting you about the return request filed for xxxxxxx

I've reviewed the details of the request and found that the best resolution is to ask the buyer to return the item to you for a full refund. Because the item was not as described, we're asking you to pay for the return shipping. Please note that if you don't resolve the issue by May 13, we'll issue the buyer a full refund on your behalf without requiring the item to be returned.

You have 2 options:
Issue a pre-paid shipping label and upload it to eBay
Send the buyer a PayPal payment to cover the return shipping"

5. After I already paid for and sent the buyer a return lable, I recieved this message on May 10th

"Thanks for trying to work with the buyer. Unfortunately, it looks like the issue wasn't resolved. We reviewed this case and decided to ask the buyer to return the item. The buyer will pay the return shipping costs. Once tracking information confirms that the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a refund. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping. This amount will be debited from the payment method on your eBay account

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

E-bays dates in these messages are all over the place, and make no sense. There must be mutiple departments that respond to this stuff that are to lazy to read what has already been documented and sent out.

After I allready payed for a return lable, eBay sends me a message the following day that states the buyer is respouncible for the return shipping lable. Who knows how this will end up, but I'm betting there is a 50% chance he never sends it back, and just decides to keep it.

I bet many sellers just issue a refund and say keep it, (I have done this once myself in the past), as sometimes its not worth risking a seller rating and it was also a low dollar item. Note that the other buyer worked with me dirrectly and sent photos of the item, and it was damaged in shipping. They never opened a case under false information.

If the item is not shipped back by May 20th, I should be able to call eBay back and have the case closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think this particular buyer intended to be a bad a guy. I think he is a buyer who purchased a Item, and later changed his mind. He was then unhappy to pay return shipping, and then started a process with out a full understanding of what it might mean to a small time seller. From looking at his history, I don't see any indication that he is a serial scammer.

I also have my seller security measures set at max capacity, and can block most of the bad buyers who have had complaints.

I block buyers who:
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
Are currently winning or have bought 10 of my items in the last 10 days

He has never once contacted me, but once this process is over I will send him a polite message explaining what a open case means to a seller, and that he should contact them dirrectly before a case is opened. I will also ask him to read terms and conditions before purchasing another item.

My opinion may change if the item is recieved back missing parts or is damaged. Or if he never even decides to send it back. (Per policy he still has 5 more days to intiate the return process), Even though he has now had a pre-paid un-used return lable in his possesion for 5 days already.

USPS Priority Tracking #: 9405509699939950627671

Last edited:
funny stuff! ebay IS in a foreign country known as the San Francisco Bay Area. if you call any tech company nearby the odds of an American answering the phone are slim.

my city in the East Bay is majority foreign born/first generation "American". when I move I have been asked to take the flag with me.
Part of the reason unemployment in the US is at an all time low. There are no minimum standards or requirements to work in customer service any more.

Well yesterday I found the item is on its way back, and I will be stuck with the bill.

Once its recieved, I will open up polite communiction with the buyer, and express my view points, and hopefully give him another perspective to consider though respectfull comunication.

At the very least. I'm hoping to prevent him from opening another case, when he could just as easily worked with the seller to find a solution.

Once eveything is completed, He will indeed be blocked, as I like to keep my life as simple as possible, and I do not enjoy dealing with all this crap.

Last edited:
All I can say is that I can't believe how cheap a$$ people are to go to all the trouble they do to get a free ride. Whether or not they had buyers remorse or trying to get it for free, it's bad karma to be such a d-bag for the sake of a few lousy bucks they will probably blow on something else anyway. Makes a person feel good that you yourself don't have that low life screwed up mentality.

The buyer has been compleatly refunded and got this message sent from me:

"Hello, I accommodated your request, but if you change your mind with purchased items in the future, I ask that you please work with any other sellers you purchase from before opening a case.

No seller on ebay likes to see a case opened. If you would have contacted me dirrectly before opening a case I would have been happy to work with you dirrectly as I always keep my buyers 100% happy. You really should have contacted me dirrectly.

Please keep this in mind when dealing with future purchases from other sellers."

He is now blocked, so I should not see his response.

I sold a nice 67 Slik Chik in 2014 with a beautiful white seat. Worth by itself the cost of the whole bike. 10 days later they opened a case saying " not as describded"
got it shipped back with a purple seat!! Ebay / PP sided with them and basically and I got screwed. Had pics of before the deal and after the deal. Still the buyer is always right.BULL CRAP. Still pisses me off to this day.

keep us updated and other people comments.
I had the same thing happen they sided with the buyer even if you have detailed pictures pissed me off too

Back