When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well , at least it's not $10,000 !!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CURTIS L LINDGREN

I live for the CABE
Title is referring to another recent post :kissing: seen here on the Cabe . The description on this is at least more realistic - as well as the price . Not sure why so many people now are asking astronomical prices for bikes and parts these days but - my heads startin' to spin - and I'm quite baffled by what I'm seeing. Not sure what to think about all this "New" activity in the vintage Bike Marketplace. All thoughts and comments are welcome. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=174424680574

Title is referring to another recent post :kissing: seen here on the Cabe . The description on this is at least more realistic - as well as the price . Not sure why so many people now are asking astronomical prices for bikes and parts these days but - my heads startin' to spin - and I'm quite baffled by what I'm seeing. Not sure what to think about all this "New" activity in the vintage Bike Marketplace. All thoughts and comments are welcome. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=174424680574
Must be smoking something.

zzzzzz00.jpg

Blame it on A......N Pickers.. Seems like after those guy started their show the prices went up...
I blame it on the economy and with the ease of selling anything online these days, people have resorted to buying and selling anything and everything out of their realm of expertise just to make a little extra cash. I have noticed in the past few years at auctions half the people have their phones out checking prices. I have had several people at an auction or yard sale send me photos for an ballpark estimate.

I blame it on the economy and with the ease of selling anything online these days, people have resorted to buying and selling anything and everything out of their realm of expertise just to make a little extra cash. I have noticed in the past few years at auctions half the people have their phones out checking prices. I have had several people at an auction or yard sale send me photos for an ballpark estimate.
Its the Fed and their low interest rates.

I feel a lot of sellers are misinformed about the true value of antique and classic bicycles in general. The bottom line is any collectible object is worth what the seller will take for it , and what the buyer is willing to give. This aside, I feel the vintage bike hobby has become a business to some, viewing a bicycle as an investment instead of a nostalgic piece of history to enjoy. This thinking is perpetuated by a lot of bad information given to the general public through television shows, magazine articles, etc. I just watched a show the other week that featured a well known bike collector and an expert appraiser, called upon to value some vintage bicycles. The show was full of incorrect information, grossly over inflated values and truncated subject matter, covering only one style of bike. The general public sees this and, Wham! , these bits of misinformation become gospel. I've already seen the fallout, a bike listed on ebay , overpriced and referencing this very show which I've mentioned. Unfortunately, it's difficult to reason with someone who feels this information is correct. We've all seen overpriced items languish in the market place for months, even years. The only thing you can do is counter offer with what you're willing to spend on an item and when you sell something, let it go for a fair price.

No bids with an hour left.
Not mine, pics for the archive.
Vintage Mead Ranger Men’s Bicycle All Original

Condition: Used

Time left:1h 8m 5s | Today 5:49AM
Starting bid: US $410.00
Enter US $410.00 or more

[ 0 bids ]
Best Offer:
Limited time remaining

8 watchers
Ships from United States