When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, Same Day...Another Bike...Another Schwinn New World...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
After buying the BSA Paratrooper this morning, I went back and bought this one. If you look up "Filthy" in the Dictionary, this photo is next to it.

Why did I go back? Because I'm to dumb not to...especially for $50. I'm curious to see if most of it is original (I know the saddle, grips and rack aren't) and how old it really is. I'm thinking late 40's...but there isn't a tab for the chain guard on the bottom and I believe that they only put them on after the war. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So...maybe just before the war???

This will take quite a while to just clean, and all I keep doing is starting projects lately (but I did finish the pair of Raleugh Twenty's). Can't say that I'll be bored for a loooong time!

Anyone know the year for sure? Serial number is H27279...

IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0933.jpeg

IMG_0934.jpeg

IMG_0935.jpeg

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0938.jpeg

IMG_0939.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

As I'm now looking closer...are the fenders from a Raleigh Sprite??? Damn, didn't notice this in my haste! :mad:

Looks like a 1941 model. Sorry to say the fenders are not original. Are there any relatives of Big Foot in that part of the country? Lots of fur on that one.

I got caught up seeing that the patina was the same and didn't notice they weren't original. Live and learn! Happy it's Prewar, anyway.

I'm allergic to cats and dogs...hope I don't have a seizure cleaning this thing...:tonguewink: ...

Looks to me like a pre-war Schwinn frame, replacement fork, replacement fenders, and rack (ballooner rack?). Also looks like it may be a modified headset, which makes sense because if the fork is different, then you need a different headset because different threads. Saddle is from later on. Some of the screws are later phillips head screws. The Centrix hub is German and they're not bad. If they replaced the fork, check the frame for straightness at the front. Sometimes the top and down tubes get bent as well in a front end collision, sometimes not. It's not a bad project at all for what you paid. Because these were often working bikes that had a job to do, people replaced damaged parts with whatever they had or could find, and kept going.

Back