When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, Same Day...Another Bike...Another Schwinn New World...

-
@Oilit BTW...though this appears to be a nine hole Schwinn rack, I don't know.

I've never seen one with adjustable holes on the leg, and spring levers similar to a Pletscher type. I can't find one in any of the old schwinn catalogs that looks like this. Any thoughts?? :worried:

Aftermarket carriers always had multiple holes for fitment on different bikes.

At least Most of the parts on my '49 are original, but missing obvious pieces... ;)

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

Here I am, once again on the "fence". Way to many Schwinn projects (because I can't stop buying!!), and out of room. Keep it?? Sell it?? Augh!!!

I don't know whether to hang onto the bike (which I know I won't get to for who knows how long), or offer it up to someone here who will build it up with the correct pieces the way it should be. I know not to many 41's come along, but it's missing to many original parts.

The thing is, if I get a decent offer (just a little more than I paid), it needs to be picked up here on Long Island. I WILL NOT SHIP the bike. It MUST be picked up.
The photos, along with all the many helpful comments, tell the tale of the bike.

If you're interested, please let me know. I'm driving myself crazy with all of this...and I'm taking my poor wife along for the ride. ;)

I brushed off some of the filth just now...

IMG_1087.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1091.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

Last edited:
I just ut it on Facebook for $99...to much for me to restore. It needs to go to someone who will do it justice.

So, if you live on Long Island or nearby, it's for Pickup Only at my house. Oh, and I listed the Traveler on there I just got recently also.

Back