When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Auto Store

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cds2323

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
.Was up in Allegan Michigan today. There is still an old Western Auto store now called Hunter's. It's been in business for 69 years at least. Owner believes it opened in 1947. The owner is closing out the business and selling more bike stuff. A couple local kids were there replacing tubes on their BMXs. Small town atmosphere, trading work for a tube.

I had my prewar Western Flyer Shelby with me and snapped a few pictures. The owner really liked the bike and knew about the Musselman hub, Wald pedals and Davis Deluxe Thornproof tires ( which he thought were NOS- thanks to John Deere ultra guard).
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

We are pretty fortunate here in Michigan to still have plenty of small towns in tact. These businesses, the buildings themselves are truly amazing to see. You head up to the UP and it will blow your mind once you head deep west near copper country.

Great find and awesome photo of your bike.

Was just thinking about these the other day. Looking at an old pic of me on a bike in 1980 and I wondered if it came from. Western Auto. We haven't had them in Az since the 80s IIRC.

1955, I was 13 and bought a new Western flyer, 3 speed 'lightweight' bike from Western Auto.
Sturgis, Mi. Still have it, although I missed it up by re-painting ! ;-(

Back