When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western flyer bicycle identification help needed

-

Sonny

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I need help with identification of this bike I was given I will try to post pics. I am new to this forum. It has MO Stamped on the crank housing along with.23×10 and 106811 below that.Any help would be appreciated greatly

20180608_131821.jpg

20180608_131801.jpg

20180608_131646.jpg

20180608_123908.jpg

Welcome to the CABE! You are in the right place, your bike looks like a beauty, and will clean up nicely with elbow grease and last longer than anything you buy at a chain store!

Take a little steel wool or a brush and clean the numbers circled in my pic off, I think I see MOD and some numbers there? I looked thru a few serial number charts and did not see anything like yours, Huffman, Cleveland Welding Company and Murray made bikes for Western Flyer sold at Western Auto stores, therefore it may have a few different serial number options, best of luck and keep us posted if you keep it and do a clean up! Someone with more knowledge than me will chime in soon and help you out, not much value as far as collectors go,l and it's a girls bike, but still a well built machine that deserves another go!

Aaron

20180608_143434.jpg

Last edited:
What is stamped directly after the letters M O ? Any letters? M O would be Murray company of Ohio.

Welcome to the CABE! You are in the right place, your bike looks like a beauty, and will clean up nicely with elbow grease and last longer than anything you buy at a chain store!

Take a little steel wool or a brush and clean the numbers circled in my pic off, I think I see MOD and some numbers there? I looked thru a few serial number charts and did not see anything like yours, Huffman, Cleveland Welding Company and a few others made bikes for Western Flyer sold at Western Auto stores, therefore it may have a few different serial number options, best of luck and keep us posted if you keep it and do a clean up! Someone with more knowledge than me will chime in soon and help you out, not much value as far as collectors go,l and it's a girls bike, but still a well built machine that deserves another go!

Aaron

View attachment 820693

Take a little steel wool or a brush and clean the numbers circled in my pic off, I think I see MOD and some numbers there? I looked thru a few serial number charts and did not see anything like yours, Huffman, Cleveland Welding Company and Murray made bikes for Western Flyer sold at Western Auto stores, therefore it may have a few different serial number options, best of luck and keep us posted if you keep it and do a clean up! Someone with more knowledge than me will chime in soon and help you out, not much value as far as collectors go,l and it's a girls bike, but still a well built machine that deserves another go!

Aaron

View attachment 820693
It' a letter D stamped after the MO thanks for the reply

I think the way Murrays serial numbers run MOD would make the bike a 1947, I am probably wrong but I was pretty sure that's how they ran the numbers and the year I had a Murray that was a 1956 and the serial was MOM and if you go back from that as in MOL is 55 then MOD should be 47? Someone with more knowledge will correct me if I am wrong

Aaron

I think the way Murrays serial numbers run MOD would make the bike a 1947, I am probably wrong but I was pretty sure that's how they ran the numbers and the year I had a Murray that was a 1956 and the serial was MOM and if you go back from that as in MOL is 55 then MOD should be 47? Someone with more knowledge will correct me if I am wrong

Aaron
Thank you very much for the information. I am trying to see if the bike has value as is if it' worth restoring

Back