When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer Bicycle, or not?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bicyclepop

On Training Wheels
I recently came across a 26" Western Flyer bicycle that is seemingly the genuine article. After conducting some research, I've come.to learn that identifying.what I now possess can be difficult in determining exactly what I have. I also found that during the 90's a company began producing duplicate Western Flyer models, and people are trying to pass them off as originals. I was given the bicycle, so am not a victim of a bad purchase.The only markings I find is a sticker on the frame below the handlebar, which indicates "Circa 1950." Although I am not proficient in identifying specifics about bicyxles, I have worked.witb mechanical items for more than 50 yrars, and this bicycle seems to be the genuine article. If so, could someone tell me what I actually have. It is a Woman's style frame with the carrying rack on the rear fender. The seat and paint colors are most definitely original. Even though a women's frame, it does have a tank. This I do not find on replica models. The only part missing is the headlight, which can be purchased on ebay priced between $100 and $230. Please offer your professional opinion.

20201007_115617.jpg

20201007_115734.jpg

20201007_115711.jpg

Modern repop!, google images and you'll see a lot, but mostly boys!

These "reproduction" bikes were sold at Western Auto stores. That one, and the green men's model, aren't actually reproductions of a specific model, just a retro version of the '50s bikes.

Made by Columbia in about 1990. It used some of the RX-5 parts. It is not an exact reproduction of anything. There were men's and ladies versions made.

Back