When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer: Cannot locate Serial

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spylab

Look Ma, No Hands!
Last week I picked this bike out of the trash; seems like Western Flyers have some collector base, but I am having a tough time identifying manufacturer, year or model for this one. Photos:

P1060223.gif

P1060224.gif

P1060226.gif

P1060227.gif

Checked all the usual spots: rear dropouts, underside of bottom bracket, headtube; didn't see any serial number markings. Haven't found a photo via Google of a matching bike.

Can anyone give me an idea of
a) Serial number location?
b) Approximate year or possible model name?
c) Is this worth doing anything with? (I picked it for free, but am deciding if it is worth really prettying up, or just worth a quick once-over).

Thank you in advance!

Mike

I can tell from the frame and chainring that it's made by AMF. The BMA/6 decal makes it 1971 or later. Normally I'd expect the serial to be on the brake arm side rear dropout, but those later ones may be different. Post 1956 AMF serial numbers haven't been decoded yet anyway. They generally had the model name on the chainguard, so without that, anyone's guess. Not worth vintage $, but a fine base for fixing up how you like.

Back