When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer Deluxe - Mfr & Year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedalpower17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Serial Number printed on left rear dropout, appears to be 54108621. Any comments on mfr and/or year? Also, anyone know of a red/white Delta Rocket Ray for sale?

Attachments

• Crank-Pedal-Guard.jpg
    Crank-Pedal-Guard.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Full Right Side.jpg
    Full Right Side.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Left Front.jpg
    Left Front.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 57
Check that 2nd digit again, the 4 should be an H. It's definately a Huffman built bike, and a 5H serial would make it a 1955. Great looking bike!

Thanks, Adam. Yep, while the condition makes some of digits difficult to confirm, the second is more likely an H than a 4. I bought the bike about a year ago, and now it's time for the fun to begin! Tires are the Davis Deluxe (possibly original), pedals and grips are both Western Flyer...so my goal for the bike is preservation. Still need to determine the original light. According to a '52-'53 Western Auto Catalog, during those years they came with a Rocket Ray.

Rocket Ray

Stingrayjoe has a nice white one for sale for $65--It's really solid but missing the switch

"Solid"?

Stingrayjoe has a nice white one for sale for $65--It's really solid but missing the switch

How could it be "really solid", if its missing the most important part, the switch, ya know, that turns the light on. What?
I could see saying, maybe its, a great light except no switch. Or nice light but no switch, but saying its "REALLY SOLID", 'cept fo da fact ya kant tern iton. Good Lawd...
I mean if somethings going to be called "really solid"..it should be .....really solid. not kinda solid, or umm, semi solid..but really friggen solid...and the switch works....Word.

Back