When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western flyer fenders worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sonic_scout

Finally riding a big boys bike
Don't have any use for these. They are in perfect condition. No scratches or rust or dings or dents. What are they worth if anything? Trades? I just received a set of fenders in the mail. So I have the perfect box and shipping materials to make sure they arrive safe! Any help is greatly appreciated.

20210220_201848.jpg

20210220_201836.jpg

20210220_201810.jpg

20210220_201805.jpg

20210220_201749.jpg

I'm assuming those are 26" balloon tire fenders?
They look just like a couple sets of Wald branded fenders I picked up a few weeks ago from a small town bike shop I spotted and checked out. The old guy sold me four pair of painted and pinstriped Wald fenders with brackets in black, blue, and red complete with brackets, all wrapped up in brown paper for $40. He was glad to see them go.
The value of any factory fender set is likely dependent on someone having the bike that they belong on, and in the right color. To most others, they're just a set of painted fenders that don't match.
Also, since those are wrapped in plastic, I don't suppose their older than the 70's.

Those fenders might provide a nice contrast on a girls blue bike; and any color fender might fit well with a black bicycle.
A while back, I could get either Wald or Sunlite fender sets in chrome or black for about $40- but since then import restrictions on metal products might have affected prices. Different color fenders which I have seen online seem to be priced higher. At one time, a few years ago, new old-stock (NOS) fenders of various beach cruiser designs were available; lately, I have seen some from Germany, with euro shipping costs.

I bought a set of chrome Wald fenders from a bike shop two years ago, they ordered them and had them the next day for $14. That shop is no longer there, it like many others have closed up over the past couple years. As far as I know, the Wald fenders were made in the USA. However, the newer Wald fenders are not as long the older versions of the same fenders. I was replacing an old set on a bike and found that the new fenders failed to go as low on the wheel as the originals. The original fenders, also Wald, went slightly lower than axle level. the new fenders stopped several inches above the axle height. Both were 962 series fenders.

@Sonic_scout at least $30-45. Can't buy Wald 962/26" fenders for less than that. I bought a set not long ago that I haven't used but that is because I wanted to run 3" tires on Lobdell/S2 squared style wheels. That rim has since too changed but If you have All 4 braces I wouldn't take less. I coulda bought black or Chrome so let someone get these for that contrast scheme or trade'em for something you need or can use parts wise.

Back