When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer head badges

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
does any one know when western Flyer changed their head badges? I'm posting the 2 that I need to get an idea about. they are both on prewar looking Huffman frames (actually the badge alone is just a photo from ebay, I don't have a photo of the other one). thanx in advance.:)
logo.gif

1b_1.gif

ok, I posted this post over a year ago, it has over 1000 views and yet no one has posted on it! that has to be a record of some kind.:D
Scott:cool:

I've got a '39 with the first badge you show.

And I've got a frame with the second badge shown, it has the serial # under the crank - F88454 53 - and rear facing dropouts, dont know if that helps or not:confused:

You sure are up early!:eek:

I don't know the exact year, but it's safe to say the difference is pre and semi-post war. The second badge wasn't around before ww2, and the first version left not too long after it, maybe a year or so. (But excess stock of badges probably showed up even later I suppose, maybe as late as the later '40s?)

Last edited:
the first tag I posted is from my 1941-42 Huffman made Western the other is like the one on a late '40's Huffman Western Mike has. so somewhere between 1942 or so and 1948 or so they changed the logo. I was hoping someone would know more than I have been able to find out.
Scott:cool:

I have one

I have a brass head badge just like the one in the lower photo...(Blue background) just as nice....Make an offer...

Back