When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer help.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Notice on that chart, that 1959 goes back to R again. I'd bet Sulley's bike is a 60. I know by 1963 they changed the coding, and it would be something like 'MO 3'+ 63.

Well i put some tightey whiteys on it, had a chain guard decal made for it, got the seat post decal , shes done. Thanks for all the help. Sulley

00326-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep it works great, i made a lens for it from an old JC Higgins one i had. Sulley

00523-1.jpg

Last edited:
Big question

Sully,

Where did you find the serial number? Was it on the bottom of the crank tube or on the drop out where the rear axle bolts in? Can you post a picture of the serial number? I have a theory but I need to know where the number is stamped.

Ed
I recently acquired the same model of Western Flyer, serial # MOS 2053. It has a three piece rear rack (painted top, 2 chrome steel support rails). Does this date the bike as an older model?

7BEC45CF-E09D-4062-AFE5-966727109590.jpeg

982C8DA5-70D5-4D29-B1F3-83FE6E00240C.jpeg

I recently acquired the same model of Western Flyer, serial # MOS 2053. It has a three piece rear rack (painted top, 2 chrome steel support rails). Does this date the bike as an older model?

View attachment 1624023

View attachment 1624024
To revise what I said 9 years ago, Murray's coding is a mess from 1960-64. The letter codes are known from '30s-1959. In '65, they started with "MO 5" and so forth. And also, the serials moved from the BB to the rear dropoout during that time. So, I'd still say around '60. If you could find some Western Auto catalogs online somewhere, they'd probably fill in the gaps.

Back