When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer help.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It is stamped on the bottom of the crank tube, im sure its a 60s bike i was just going by the thread that i show above. Thanks Sulley

00324-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sulley,

I spent some time looking at pictures of Murrays on Google images, and all of the bikes that have pictures posted on the original Murray serial number post. I didn't find one other bike that has the same frame as yours. On yours the top bar goes all the way back to the bars that connects the seat post to the drop outs. Makes me wonder if this is even a Murray. Did anyone else notice that or seen other bikes with this frame?

Ed

Serial prefix "MO" is without a doubt Murray.
I think I understand what you mean about the top dual tubes extending to the rear of the frame. Western Flyers had this feature in the early 60's on the ladies I think. So did Columbia I also think...but, I cant verify this point.....I to am always learning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

western flyer

yes,absolutly mid 60s,i have one like this in the teal/white color combo.mine sold very fast.also,thank you to whoever put up the western flyer/murray built serial number chart.i thought my bike was a 1949,when it is actually a 1947. MO-L. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO.

Well from that chart mine is a 53 and i know its not a 53 some im not sure how accurite that chart is. Sulley

Sully,

Could that possible be and MO8 rather than an MOS? That would at least put it in the right decade :) and the rest of the numbers would work for MO8.

I don't know much about Murray built bicycles, but perhaps small changes in racks, etc. could be specified by Western Auto, Sears, et al to make their bikes just a hair different from others built by Murray. Food for thought anyway.

Ed

Perhaps the fellow who did the stamping that day put the S in the die holder instead of the 8 as he/she did not have his/her glasses on that morning. Bikes were toys not Corvettes that had to be licensed by the state they were sold in and they certainly were not worried about what future collectors would worry about. Roger

Last edited:
I've found something else that's an anomoly if this is a 60's era Murray built bike. If it were a 60's era Murray built bike, the serial number would be on the left side drop out, not on the bottom of the crank tube.

Ed

Back