When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer ID Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

svtfmook

On Training Wheels
Bike was given to me by a friend. I can’t figure out what model/year it is. Any idea? It’s a 24”, only marking I can find is 9099*** on the rear drop out. Can’t make out full number.
B84AE3ED-FDFB-4F67-8586-D5F8A737E704.jpeg

I think I see a BMA/6 decal on the seat tube, that would make it 1971-9, this being from the early end.

More of the serial number may be hidden behind the axle-nut washer, or the braces for the fender and rack.
Check out the thread on serial numbers for bikes manufactured by Murray; a lot of good pictures there.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/murray-serial-number-project.7014/
I believe that Murray started stamping the serial numbers in a new location on the left drop-outs in the early-middle 1960's?

Though smaller 24"-wheel bikes may have peculiarities, I thought that the detail of the frame design, attaching the smaller cantilever tubes to the top-rear of the down tube, was an earlier design, (tight joint, weld or braze). And, that later Murray attached them to the right-left sides, for ease of manufacture, (or to conform with others).

Murray U-22 indicates a 1962-U Boy's 24" equipped model, with tank, rear rack, chrome rims, and painted fenders.

Last edited:
More of the serial number may be hidden behind the axle-nut washer, or the braces for the fender and rack.
Check out the thread on serial numbers for bikes manufactured by Murray; a lot of good pictures there.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/murray-serial-number-project.7014/
I believe that Murray started stamping the serial numbers in a new location on the left drop-outs in the early-middle 1960's?

Though smaller 24"-wheel bikes may have peculiarities, I thought that the detail of the frame design, attaching the smaller cantilever tubes to the top-rear of the down tube, was an earlier design, (tight joint, weld or braze). And, that later Murray attached them to the right-left sides, for ease of manufacture, (or to conform with others).

MOU 22X11 099109

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back