When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western flyer pre war?Frankenstein bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello friends, i picked this bike up the other day but im at a bit of a loss with it. I know its a wester flyer frame but im not sure what else is original to the bike. The fenders rack and front fork have been painted black. I know the chaingaurd is from an amf bike and definitely doesn't belong on this. Other than that i dont know too much about western flyers. Any and all thoughts or information about this would be appreciated.

20201018_134903.jpg

20201018_134909.jpg

20201018_134907.jpg

20201018_134916.jpg

20201018_134946.jpg

20201018_135140.jpg

20201018_135105.jpg

Many different very cool manufacturers made bicycles for western auto stores. http://www.nostalgic.net/western-flyer-bicycles. Somebody should be able to determine which one made this one and what year. It does kinda look pieced together. Looks like it might have an Elgin air cooled rear hub that might have been painted white? Then a leather hub shiner was put on it.... Never seen one of these put on a hub like this though.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Huffman, with Murray truss rods, elgin rear hub. Murray was in the first couple letters of the alphabet prewar, definitely not "R".

Back