When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer serial number HELPPP!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Date code book

View attachment 52433View attachment 52434View attachment 52435View attachment 52436View attachment 52437

Rare date code book that was discovered in 2011 that has been reprinted to share the information. With this book you can date most balloon tire frames made by these manufactures :

AMF Cleveland Welding 39' - 59'
Huffman 38' - 59
Monark silver king 47' - 58
Murray Ohio ( Elgin ) 37' - 59'

As well as Westfield, Bert Scheuer, Hercules, Norman, Rabeneick, Raleigh, and Wheelcraft bicycle info included. The book is 68 pages of excellent bicycle information. All pages are black and white, with a clear cover and professional sprial bound. There are pages that have stains in them but that's how the original is, and everything is readable. Also has parts prices from that period, and alot of front and rear hub break downs that would have been on the models that are in this book. If you collect balloon tire bicycles this is a must have book! This book was discovered last year and is the missing link to the bicycle hobby. I guarantee that you will be very satisfied with this book.

I am selling them for $20.00 each shipped first class.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Please PM me if you are interested in a copy. I will accept money orders, checks, and pay pal.

Thank You, Brian Heckel
I was wondering if you still have copies of this book.If so how can I get one.

Date code book

View attachment 52433View attachment 52434View attachment 52435View attachment 52436View attachment 52437

Rare date code book that was discovered in 2011 that has been reprinted to share the information. With this book you can date most balloon tire frames made by these manufactures :

Huffman 38' - 59

As well as Westfield, Bert Scheuer, Hercules, Norman, Rabeneick, Raleigh, and Wheelcraft bicycle info included. The book is 68 pages of excellent bicycle information. All pages are black and white, with a clear cover and professional sprial bound. There are pages that have stains in them but that's how the original is, and everything is readable. Also has parts prices from that period, and alot of front and rear hub break downs that would have been on the models that are in this book. If you collect balloon tire bicycles this is a must have book! This book was discovered last year and is the missing link to the bicycle hobby. I guarantee that you will be very satisfied with this book.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Please PM me if you are interested in a copy. I will accept money orders, checks, and pay pal.

Thank You, Brian Heckel
I'm wondering if you might still have these books?

Date code book

Huffman 38' - 59

Thank You, Brian Heckel
Are these books still available? Thanks. Razin.

1960s Huffy built for Western Auto "Western Flyer" tanklight.
Yours looks to be a 24" model.

Serial should be on the left rear dropout where the rear mounts to the frame.

Serial will start with a number then an H.

example..."5H**** would be 1965

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

@ABC Services Hey Brian looks like some folks need books! Here is the quick review from my website:
A lot of collectors simply call this the “ABC Book” because it is sold by ABC Services. The book is evidently a Western Auto (Western Flyer) bicycle parts book. This unassuming book has a wealth of information particularly focused on postwar and includes serial number charts for major manufacturers except for Schwinn. The charts, for the most part, seem to be accurate except for the prewar Huffman numbers which don’t coincide with what I’ve observed. The book appears to list every Western Flyer model by manufacturer by model number from the Fall of 1953 until the end of 1959. The book also has detailed hub and brake exploded views of most hubs. The book finishes with parts such as fenders, bars, stems, and saddles. Worth it just for the serial number charts.

Western Auto never produced their own bikes, they instead had contracts with bicycle companies and had the bikes slightly altered or re-badged for their store. Cleveland Welding Company (CWC), Huffman (Huffy), Colson, Murray, all had contracts with a department store at some point.

This bike is older than my area of Western Flyer expertise (late 1950s and up) and these were NEVER reproduced. However, Western Flyer did have a line of retro bicycles built around 1987-1995 in various styles, mostly red. But even those are old now as the newer ones approach 20 years old! Damn I feel older than what I really am!
If you are the Western wiz, can you help me know if this so original or a repro?

Screenshot_20200404-150430.png

Screenshot_20200404-114635.png

Looks close to original, But buyer beware. I was looking to buy a 1950 Schwinn off Craigslist. Asking price was $225.00 but was missing the rear rack, tank ETC. Offered $150.00 but no bites. Oh well. His loss. Wanted the bike gone but not so much. Good luck. Razin.

Back