When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer Special Edition Reproduction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I helped a buddy load up his new project car last weekend. The shed we pushed the car from contained many cool, old items including a few old bikes, tools and general items. This bike was under a blanket with the bottom third exposed. I instantly recognized what it was and paid her the reasonable ask. The other bikes weren't too exciting - a house painted early 60's middleweight Schwinn, two 10 speed Motobecanes and two Schwinn exercisers.

Since then I've fixed a broken spoke in the front wheel and removed all the old batteries and reflectors. The plan is to keep it around as a rider since it was cheap. I do believe it will need to be gone through this winter - rear hub cleaned or adjusted, bolts checked, etc. Seems it was pretty haphazardly assembled as a display piece only.

I've had so many old ballooners that have a bent this or a clanking that so to have the heavyweight experience so smoothly and quietly - it's a bit surreal!

IMG_7981.JPG

IMG_8045.JPG

IMG_7977.JPG

Nice...Even repops can be riden.
I've seen these with no grease from the assembly location.
So a good going through is advised.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice...Even repops can be riden.
I've seen these with no grease from the assembly location.
So a good going through is advised.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Exactly what year was the WF special edition made? I always hear late 80s but is it 1986 ? I know the limited red one was 1990

If not mistaken, I recall it was in the 80s.
This WF repo was my first purchase when I got the bug for old balloon bikes.
There were negative comments about this bike, but I didn't care.
It was a fun bike for me.

Me also, I dont care what people say, when I first got it I sprayed my favorite lube pb blaster on the components and rode for 5 miles, smooth soft ride. Love it and ride it every chance I get with no issues. but I know it was made in the 80s but wanted to know the exact year? Dont know how to read the serial to find out, does anyone know??

What is this bike selling for? There is one in Western Mi right now. asking price is $500. It looks identical

Looks like a Columbia bike to me. I wanted to put the tank and chainguard on the '56? I bought for my brother in law but had to settle for no tank and a Wald guard.

Back