When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

western flyer strato flyer?

-
First off welcome to the Cabe. I'm no expert but I think there were a few versions of these bikes, a strato Liner, space Liner, Cosmic Flyer and maybe more. Some had unique features like springer fronts, tanks, rear racks, special seats, pedals and crank caps, reflectors etc. Good Luck with your restoration. Post pics of your progress.
I seen your western flyer in another post and the back rack looks like the same type I have. I was wondering is it screwed into the fender somehow or just sitting on it? My fenders are replacement walds so I have no clue. I tried finding pics of the fender with the rack removed but no luck.
thanks
ralph

I seen your western flyer in another post and the back rack looks like the same type I have. I was wondering is it screwed into the fender somehow or just sitting on it? My fenders are replacement walds so I have no clue. I tried finding pics of the fender with the rack removed but no luck.
thanks
ralph
There is a short screw that goes through the rear hole into the fender, with a nut on it, I know there was at least one, there may have been screws in both brackets, it has been 5 years since I put my old bike back together.

It helps stabilize the fender.

See the photo of your carrier here.

Check and see if that hole in the brace is threaded for a sheet metal screw. The two Flighliners I just finished are screwed through the fender to the rack.

Check and see if that hole in the brace is threaded for a sheet metal screw. The two Flighliners I just finished are screwed through the fender to the rack.
Yes it can accept a sheet metal screw in that hole. Thanks for all the help everyone.

I got a pair of these bow pedals for it instead of using the other ones I pictured looks more original and they are not bad shape either :) some jewels are missing maybe I could find something to put in there?

20220519_203113.jpg

Back