When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

western flyer - Thunder Rod?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
K

kmeador1

I picked up a Western Flyer - Thunder Rod (so says the chain guard) up a few years ago and just getting around to cleaning it up and playing with it. It's red, tank shaped crossbar vs tube, has a bikeorama speedometer, red stingray styled seat, 20 x 1.75 tires.. etc. But I can't find pictures, reference info anywhere? Any direction, information, value, or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

pictures

I just started cleaning the chrome - cross bar has "Stick Shift" decal. I know I'm missing something in the A frame there is three mounts/brackets but nothing attached...

Attachments

• DSCN1505.jpg
    DSCN1505.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN1503.jpg
    DSCN1503.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN1504.jpg
    DSCN1504.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 154
Clean little bike. You have the sissy bar on backwards. That is a Murray built bike. I thought a Murray Thunder Rod was a tricycle. I have never seen this model. It is a convertible bike so the other mounts you see may be for the top bar to mount when it is set up as a girls bike.

It's a convertible. You can move the tank downward to accommodate smaller boys or girls.

Gordon is correct those tabs are to mount the Murry Thunder rod motor to. i had a picture of one somewere but can't find it..

Thanks everyone. That's what I was thinking, just didn't know if WF would put Murray Thunder rod motors on their bikes? I don't think it's a Murray, it has WF all over it. And doesn't seem to be altered. Yes thanks for the sissy bar thing, Ha! It came that way, it's all apart and getting cleaned and reassembled correctly as we speak...

Any more input would be great! Now where do I find a thunder rod motor????

Thanks everyone. That's what I was thinking, just didn't know if WF would put Murray Thunder rod motors on their bikes? I don't think it's a Murray, it has WF all over it. And doesn't seem to be altered. Yes thanks for the sissy bar thing, Ha! It came that way, it's all apart and getting cleaned and reassembled correctly as we speak...

Any more input would be great! Now where do I find a thunder rod motor????

Yes its a Murray made bike sold through western auto stores..

Back